Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
I like him but have noticed he is not w worker in the Revell way, but would say he is a better all round player, the flick for Forster when he should have finished and the composure to on his goal, and if he keeps scoring he is doing his job.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Yes, you're right, Thomson definitely has more to his game. He can perform the defensive role AND bring a bit of leadership and passing ability. So, with that position more than filled (with another class act, may I add), I fail to see the logic in playing El Abd who does a more limited version of the same job. Even if El Abd plays well, and to be fair he does in some games, he's playing a role we already have covered, so I don't see the point in him. For now, I would play Cox in the middle with Thomson - a) because Cox may bring a little bit of creativity, b) because I think he will compliment Thomson better than anyone else, and c) because Cox is doing bugger all on the wing in open play.

I have to say I disagree. I think he looks a bit weak in the tackle and El Abd adds that bit of bite in midfield to compliment him, although I too would play Fraser alongside Thompson. A midfield containing Cox, Thompson and any two of our wingers would get rolled over far too easily IMO. Anyway, I'm off for a kip.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
FFFFFFFS. The answer for the midfield is Fraser.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

We lack a creative midfield player. Fraser can play a ball to the wings and to the defence, but nothing else. He also runs around like a pratt.

As for Murray...well it's going to take him time to settle, and he might struggle against good defences (Tranmere, he had a shocker), but it's obvious he's got talent. A brain, a strikers instinct, and bit of 'flair' in him and can finish. Looks a good signing, but think we'd get the best out of him with some decent wingers. Looking at seagulls world, he's scored loads of headers - something he won't do in the current Albion side.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. He is gonna be the Dean Ashton of the south coast, little flair, not too much pace but a relliable tough hardworking centre-forward always looking for more goals.
QUOTE]

Dean Ashton has proved better than Zamora so I hope you're right :thumbsup:

I have only seen him against Cheltenham and I was well impressed, he may have missed a couple but at least he was in the right place to miss them. 300k doesn't seem that much to me as he seems to have made the step up a division with no problem and we'll no doubt be selling him on for double what we paid within the year if he continues to score at his current rate.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Saw him at Northampton and the highlights of Cheltenham and seems a very good league 1 striker. His main weakness seems to be that he can only use his left foot to stand on.

Will do very well for us but not sure he could hack it in a higher division.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The key is that he's in the right places all the time... whether he scores or not is not guaranteed of course, but he looks to be a good signing.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Scoring every other game, can score when not on the boil, finishes well, worries defenders when he runs at them, has fitted in very well with the selfless Forster (please score, please) - a good buy and I think he'll get better.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
He looks to me like a player carrying the burden of a 300k price tag. This will go in time and his confidence will improve. He has not been here long and already has scored and looks dangerous.

I think there is a lot more to come from Murray and in time 300k will look like money well spent

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He looks alright , certainly will get a good few goals. His left foot is absolutely laughable though

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He looks a curious mix of good and bad, his first game against Crewe was excellent, the two after that he was not so good, and then Cheltenham I suppose overall he had a good game but with some bad things mixed in, his left footed scuff with time and all the goal to aim at most notably, he also didn't get a very clean contact on the shot which was blocked on the line in the first half. He has very good touch, and likes to use it, both the goal and his chip which hit the bar showed this, he could possibly have done something simpler and still scored. But since two of his goals have shown he has the ability to do something a bit different there is no reason why he shouldn't... even though for a second it looked like he had messed up the opportunity for the equaliser :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here