Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
So, four and a bit games in to his Brighton career and three goals. I've only managed to see him play a couple of times and seen a few highlights, but I like the lad, although £300k does seem a bit steep. What are your thoughts NSC? The next Bobby Zamora or the next Mark Farrington?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Probably between the two.

He certainly knows where the goal is and although he fluffed a couple against Chelters he didnt disappear and kept plugging away and finally got a goal. Also you have to be in the position to miss in the first place and no way would Farrington have done that!

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I think he still needs time to adjust to this league, but from what I've seen from him so far. Is that he wins the ball mostly all the time in the air. Looks good with the ball at his feet and a very good strike on him. I'm still not convinced, that he is worth 300K through and he will never be as class as BZ.

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths
Yes i would agree, 300k does seem very steep for any league 1 player let alone league 2!!!!, but i have to say after seeing Murray score a very well taken goal during a match where he played poorly has reminded me of that famous no.25 shirt.
The Cheltenham goal was a sign of a player who no matter what, will always get you goals even if he does miss a handfull to begin with. He is gonna be the Dean Ashton of the south coast, little flair, not too much pace but a relliable tough hardworking centre-forward always looking for more goals.
Can't wait to see this Dixon, he could be the missing link if we are to play 4-3-3 on sat, nippy and sharp with a bit of flair could be perfect for Murray and forster.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Probably between the two.

He certainly knows where the goal is and although he fluffed a couple against Chelters he didnt disappear and kept plugging away and finally got a goal. Also you have to be in the position to miss in the first place and no way would Farrington have done that!

Looked a great finish too. He does seem to have a knack of being in the right place at the right time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He looks good however I really hope Forster gets a goal Saturday he deserves one.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Can't wait to see this Dixon, he could be the missing link if we are to play 4-3-3 on sat, nippy and sharp with a bit of flair could be perfect for Murray and forster.

I know someone who has played against him plenty of times earlier in his career. He was very surprised to hear that we had signed him and even more surprised at the price, but did say that he has a habit of scoring, even when he has had a bad game.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
there will never be another Mark Farrington.

hopefully

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He's class. Definitely. He looks to me like, above all else, he's got a brain. He times his jumps perfectly, hence his brilliance in the air. He has a cracking shot on his right foot, and no small amount of skill too. I think him and Forster are a perfect combination, and with Dixon as back up we don't need to even think about strengthening upfront for the next 18 months. Please, please just sort out a midfield worthy of the name, and we'll be shit hot.

Wow! Are you on an ecky or something! :D

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Are there any other strikers who were better than what we had who were available for a price that you wouldn't consider 'steep'?

£300,000 is steep, but, for one in contract and required and wanted by their club, it seems to be the going rate.

:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here