Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray...wanker

His general attitude has sucked since day one.

This from todays Argus

Slade was unaware of the incident, as he was in the dressing room at the time, but he was satisfied with Murray’s second-half contribution.

“What the fans will demand, and what is absolutely spot-on, is that when he puts on a blue and white shirt and has to come on he performs and he gives 100 per cent,” Slade said. “I think that is what is required.

“I think he did. He went on there to try and do something. Ultimately, if the boy wants to leave the football club then he needs to be playing and performing.”

Those defending Murray need to DECIDE.

Does he want to leave because...

His missus doesn't like it down south.
The fans are/always have been on his back.
Because he never wanted to be here in the first place and was forced at knifepoint to sign a contract.

You can't use all three to defend his actions.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Because he never wanted to be here in the first place and was forced at knifepoint to sign a contract.

Of course you can. It all adds up. It's not black and white. If he's unsettled due to his missus then the last thing he needs is the fans on his back.

I would say he was UNSURE at coming here at first, then perhaps tried to settle, which some of the fans really didn't help with by getting on his back from day one because he wouldn't try as hard as Revell.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Unless its a combination of all three. FWIW I think it is number 1, number 2 hasn't helped, but is, within reason, part of the job.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
In my opinion Glenn chose family over football which is the right choice but I dont understand the logic in rocking the boat until he leaves as it just makes his last few days/weeks/months more uncomfortable for him.
Score 3 tomorrow night then head up North for half a million and everyones happy..........................except Mellotron who will miss him a litle bit more than the rest!

:jester:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In my opinion Glenn chose family over football which is the right choice but I dont understand the logic in rocking the boat until he leaves as it just makes his last few days/weeks/months more uncomfortable for him.
Score 3 tomorrow night then head up North for half a million and everyones happy..........................except Mellotron who will miss him a litle bit more than the rest!

:jester:

I certainly will.

Of course you can. It all adds up. It's not black and white. If he's unsettled due to his missus then the last thing he needs is the fans on his back.

I would say he was UNSURE at coming here at first, then perhaps tried to settle, which some of the fans really didn't help with by getting on his back from day one because he wouldn't try as hard as Revell.

That is nonsense. If it's personal circumstance (so perhaps you can put 1 and 3 together) then the fans are going to have f*** ALL to do with it. Some people on here seriously overestimate the effect of the fans. Are you the same people that think that the banter that away fans have with pretty much every single 'keeper has some kind of massive effect on his game?

I also don't believe this nonsense about him being FORCED into the move. If he really didn't want to come here in the first place he wouldn't have come. IMO, his partner doesn't like it down here, and he wants to move. Everything else is completely irrelevant.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That is nonsense. If it's personal circumstance (so perhaps you can put 1 and 3 together) then the fans are going to have f*** ALL to do with it. Some people on here seriously overestimate the effect of the fans. Are you the same people that think that the banter that away fans have with pretty much every single 'keeper has some kind of massive effect on his game?

I also don't believe this nonsense about him being FORCED into the move. If he really didn't want to come here in the first place he wouldn't have come. IMO, his partner doesn't like it down here, and he wants to move. Everything else is completely irrelevant.

Not at all. If you already have a domestic situation that is....."delicate", then the last thing you need is abuse from the very people you'd hope would be "supporting" you. If you're feeling unsettled already this isn't going to help you settle in, is it?

You've never heard of a player being sold against his wishes?

Not at all. If you already have a domestic situation that is....."delicate", then the last thing you need is abuse from the very people you'd hope would be "supporting" you. If you're feeling unsettled already this isn't going to help you settle in, is it?

Where's the evidence that the abuse has had any influence at all? We know, thanks to the Argus, that Murray's girlfriend is unhappy and wants to leave. There is absolutely no evidence to back up the assertion that the fans attitude has had anything to do with it.

I've heard of a player being sold against his wishes (i.e. he wants to stay but the club want to sell him). But I've not heard of a player being bought against his wishes. He had to sign a contract here. If he was really that against the idea of moving, he would have rejected said contract (see Jim Gannon).

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
The team huddle he probably didn't even realise was taking place...

perhaps, but he saw the away end in front of him and chose to ignore it which is what got him the abuse in the warm down. I dont care if he claps the support or not but he could have difussed all this nonsense by simply smiling or waving at the support, good player needs to go on a people skills course

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Then he should at least acknowledge the fans that applauded him and were singing his name, oh and paid his f*cking wages too.

I was a massive fan of Murray when he came here but the more I see of him the more I am becoming to dislike him. If he wants to resolve his "delicate" domestic situation why doesn't he quit the club and move north? He is happy enough to take the wage packet I bet you!

He is bang out of order and I can't see why anyone would defend him.

What the feck are you on...FORCED? ? ? Where did you get that from? He doesnt have to sign a contract if he doesnt want to, does he. Get real! As for being abused, you make it sound like EVERY fan has rounded on him when in reality its likely to be a very very small minority isnt it. Lets actually look at FACTS and not supposition eh? For one RS has actually told us that GM has 'burnt a few bridges' and being a professional manager, was playing that statement DOWN. Read between the lines, he is going through the motions, doesnt want to be here, regardless of the fans adoration or not.

although at the time of the deal being negotiated, rochdale might well have made it clear to him that they were not in a position to just ignore a bid of £300k.

Then he should at least acknowledge the fans that applauded him and were singing his name, oh and paid his f*cking wages too.

I was a massive fan of Murray when he came here but the more I see of him the more I am becoming to dislike him. If he wants to resolve his "delicate" domestic situation why doesn't he quit the club and move north? No, because he is happy enough to take the wage packet it bet you!

He is bang out of order and I can't see why anyone would defend him.

except of course that at the moment he is under contract to BHA and so far as we know, NO-ONE has made an enquiry, let alone an offer

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
/As a professional footballer there are certain things that are expected of him, and IMO he failed on two counts on Saturday.

Three counts-he didn't score.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Is this still going on?

So what, he didnt wave to you and didnt join in the huddle!!

If it was Elphick that had done that then no-one would bat an eyelid!

Like I have already said, about 5-6 players at Swansea didnt come and wave to the fans and going there on a Tuesday night was more of an effort than a quick hop up to London on a Saturday!

I wonder how many of the people slagging Murray off were slagging off all the 'boo-ers' last season???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here