Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray - Utter class act last night

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In every sense of the word. Brilliant performance and showed complete respect to the fans. Painfully better than Barnes on the night, if we had CMS and Murray upfront we would've ripped them apart.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fair play to Glenn and to be better than Barnes is no shock as he is vastly superior to Barnes in every way. I think CMS is slightly better still.

D

Deleted member 18477

yea IF! Murray was worth the money, he showed that last night.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Him and CMS would have been a helluva double act. We should have paid him what he wanted. Total respect to him for his exemplary conduct and respect for the fans.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Completely disagree. Squandered a number of very good chances. Holding up ability, yeah, good, but as a goalscorer he played poorly.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
In every sense of the word. Brilliant performance and showed complete respect to the fans. Painfully better than Barnes on the night, if we had CMS and Murray upfront we would've ripped them apart.

..''we would have ripped them apart''? rubbish..needs 6 attempts to score one...CMS..one attempt one goal

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Painfully, painfully better than Barnes. We should have offered him more money, took all the abuse put in a great shift then scored a blinder, he is exactly what our team lacks and what Barnes does not provide.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Glad someone mentioned Barnes, as completely forgot he was playing last night.

Went AWOL for most of the game, but this was due to the as yet unexplained mystery dropping of Calderon, and his link play up the right to Barnes.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For me Barnes is a striker through and through and was asked for most of the game to play as a 5th midfielder out on the right. At times he was spending large parts of the 2nd half at right back covering our coach. When Barnes gets forward, as vs Leeds in the 2nd half he is a class act. I don't think CMS is suited to playing a lone role either. Neither CMS or Barnes for me are well suited to the roles they were asked to play last night. Stick them together with 2 wide players serving them and it's a different story.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I thought Murray played well held up the ball and a very good strike and goal, and the thing that impressed me even more was the lack of a celebration in front of the north stand, despite idiots near me just shouting everytime he was on the ball "your shit murray" & "Your a wanker"......

He may very well be a wanker, But he is not shit and did a job on us last nite.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Hmm, didn't think he played very well to be honest. Efforts on goal were high and wide (a shot and a header) while a great chance in the first half was knocked wide when he should have scored. Yes, he held the ball up ok, and his goal was a great hit, but let's not get carried away, Palace played well, but I didn't think he played particularly well.

Having said that though, as a person, I've got to say, I quite like him. There, I've said it. On the rare occasions I've seen him interviewed, he's come across as a nice, down to earth fella, with a decent sense of humour, His interview with Forster a few weeks back was excellent. Last night, he scored, and while EVERYONE around him was going mental in celebration, he kept calm. That's a show of respect to us, and for that I thank him.

He's a bit of a Peter Taylor for me, in that I respect him, and thank him for his efforts in getting us promoted, but I never especially warmed to him, but neither can I generate any sort of dislike for him.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Ive said all along, even when the shit was flying around when he decided to leave, that we would struggle to find a replacement like him, he is so unique at what he does as rarly can a big fella hold the ball up like he does, Gus made the call about him and we have to respect that, but i feel its one that in time he may regret. He is championship standard in my opinion and with him and CMS up front we would be just that bit better than what we already are.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
For me Barnes is a striker through and through and was asked for most of the game to play as a 5th midfielder out on the right. At times he was spending large parts of the 2nd half at right back covering our coach. When Barnes gets forward, as vs Leeds in the 2nd half he is a class act. I don't think CMS is suited to playing a lone role either. Neither CMS or Barnes for me are well suited to the roles they were asked to play last night. Stick them together with 2 wide players serving them and it's a different story.

Great post, spot on.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Whatever you think about his performance respect to him for not celebrating when he scored - especially after receiving abuse all evening.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Don't know why people are raving about him. We miss his link play but he was hardly outstanding. Good goal though and he deserves some respect for the way he handled the occasion generally.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
I thought he missed a few chances last night, didn't even hit the target on his one in the first half or with his free header in the second. Missed the goal but guessing that we were in desperate search for the equaliser and left ourselves open at the back!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here