Votes: 29 23.0%
  • Glenn Murray

Votes: 97 77.0%

• Total voters

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I can't believe how long this thread has been going.

Do we really have to have this every time Murray scores, FFS?

It's even got to the stage where the stripey nigels come on here talking amongst themselves!

Please, please give it a very long rest.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I can't believe how long this thread has been going.

Do we really have to have this every time Murray scores, FFS?

It's even got to the stage where the stripey nigels come on here talking amongst themselves!

Please, please give it a very long rest.

Sorry, but if you are not interested - DON'T f***ing OPEN THE THREAD! Simples!

For many of us, it is the biggest talking point, and biggest f***-up, of Poyets term as Manager.

Add to that the inability of CMS to do anything other than stand in the way of Barnes' shots to claim goals, and it is a sick joke!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I voted CMS for his commitment, but I do believe that FFS Murray will be playing Premiership football next season with his scoring record.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

For many of us, it is the biggest talking point, and biggest f***-up, of Poyets term as Manager.

Add to that the inability of CMS to do anything other than stand in the way of Barnes' shots to claim goals, and it is a sick joke!

:lolol:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Yes he did want to stay

why in gods name did he NOT sign a new contract then
or to say that another way was the rustle of crisp notes to much so he had to sign elsewhere

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS

Well, pardon me for even daring to have an opinion. How silly am I?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Will you still be beating your breast in 10 years time? Just how long does it take to get over such a tragedy? It sounds like lovesick fans pining over an ex who has found another.
Get over it.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Will you still be beating your breast in 10 years time? Just how long does it take to get over such a tragedy? It sounds like lovesick fans pining over an ex who has found another.
Get over it.

Outside chance Murray will be back in 16 months - depends on how much he really wants to be.

Perhaps these threads will stop at around that time :lolol:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Well, pardon me for even daring to have an opinion. How silly am I?

But, you were not expesssing an opinion were you? You were TELLING everyone to stop discussing the matter.

If your idea of expressing an opinion is to tell everyone to stop discussing a topic, then the answer has to be no, you cannot express that opinion.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Get over it.

Well, it is hard to forget the f*** up of all times isn't it? Letting a top quality striker go on a free, and spunking a small fortune on a lower league beach bum.

I don't think many others have either judging by the result of this pole. Just the normal rose tinted glasses clique who think Poyet's farts smell of roses.

I guess I will finally "get over it" when Poyet finally manages to replace Murray with an effective striker. Little sign of that so far though is there?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
or to say that another way was the rustle of crisp notes to much so he had to sign elsewhere

Because Gus tried fobbing him off with a shit offer. In doing so palace got the best striker in the championship for free. You couldn't make it up.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

When u get offered the kind of wage increase he got at palace to what the Albion were offering it was a no brainer....

I woulda snapped palaces arm off in all honesty.......

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Because Gus tried fobbing him off with a shit offer. In doing so palace got the best striker in the championship for free. You couldn't make it up.

Best striker in the Championship ? I mean sure he's the top scorer but he isn't the best - Rhodes or Austin get that.

Don't forget he wasn't great last season though - so it looked like it wouldn't matter......much.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Best striker in the Championship ? I mean sure he's the top scorer but he isn't the best - Rhodes or Austin get that.

Don't forget he wasn't great last season though - so it looked like it wouldn't matter......much.

Murray is better than both in my opinion

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Not sure that was the case, think the club just decided not to increase his wages because CMS was lined up

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Not sure that was the case, think the club just decided not to increase his wages because CMS was lined up

I think you are probably right. Either CMS or someone else that did not work out.

Stupid move on the Club's part, if we did not want him, we should have got him under contract, and then cashed-in on him by selling. The way it was done was plain stupid.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So you know the figures? IF you do, how do they compare with what we are wasting on CMS?

Albion paid him £3,250 per week.

Palace pay him £6,000 per week, plus the signing on fee.

We know that Chopra and many others are paid the best part of £20,000, and most would agree
that Bridge (our contribution), Vicente, Hammond, Bruno, CMS, Buckley, Kuzschak, Orlandi, Upson & Crofts are on at least £10,000 per week (which would seem well within the £16m total payroll cost).

The Murray £6,000 per week would appear good value.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Stupid move on the Club's part, if we did not want him, we should have got him under contract, and then cashed-in on him by selling. The way it was done was plain stupid.

Good thinking. We should offer contracts to everyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here