Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray; Get him signed up long term

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think a lot of people thought that he never looked bothered and rarely put any effort in. Thats why he wasn't "well liked" last year. I think it wasn't clear the extent of the injury he was carrying.

He is 10 times the player he was last year. His contribution is exceptional and if he doesn't sign a new contract, I'll be very sad.

I wish people would stop using the clapping as a cover up for a very poor season by this season's standards.

He certainly looks very sharp this season, but 14 goals in 37 matches, carrying an injury and with poor supply at times, wasn't a 'very poor' return IMO. If he had played a full season he would have been close to 20.

If he improve his discilinary record that will help his return too.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
He certainly looks very sharp this season, but 14 goals in 37 matches, carrying an injury and with poor supply at times, wasn't a 'very poor' return IMO. If he had played a full season he would have been close to 20.

If he improve his discilinary record that will help his return too.

He's only been booked once this season.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
He seems to be enjoying his football now with us more than ever (which is hardly surprising bearing in mind our league position), but it was great yesterday to see his reaction to the other goals scored by Caldy, Lua Lua and Sparrow. Keep it up Glen.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Biggest fear is losing him on a free would be such a waste. Has been a different class when fit all the time he has been here and has changed his game a lot this year to be more of an all round team player

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Will be interested to see how murray gets on in the championship as its quiet a step up and he's certainly not a high goal scorer:wink:

Certainly knowhere near as good as bobby as bobby scores 30 goals to murrays 10-15 a season.but yeah murray has been great so far.:thumbsup:

Glenn Murray 37 goals in 81 starts
Bobby Zamora 77 goals in 130 starts
Leon Knight 32 goals in 107 starts

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Definately got the ability to play championship football and at last showing what he is capable of on a consistant basis.Credit to Mr Poyet for showing faith and man management in getting the best out of yet another player.A fox in the box type goalscorer playing along side Glenn would really come good.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
does anyone still think revell is better?

*sticks hand up yet again this weekend*

I was wrong ... Muzza over Alex (although I STILL don't think Revell deserved the abuse he got whilst here/since he's left )

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Muzza went to a mate's school in Lancing recently. When asked if he was looking forward to playing at the new stadium, Muzza replied "I don't expect to still be here" :eek:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I was at his debut, away at Nothampton under Wilkins and in his 15 minutes or so looked the real deal.

Fell away under the Adams and Slade shenanigans, his unsettled private life and injury, but under all that there was always a class player.

If Poyet can bring it out now then yet another reason to enjoy this season

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Muzza went to a mate's school in Lancing recently. When asked if he was looking forward to playing at the new stadium, Muzza replied "I don't expect to still be here" :eek:
Exactly, you cant make him sign a new contract IF he's still not happy down here. It would throw a major spanner in the works to lose him.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Cant see Glenn turning down a sensible offer at the moment so get it done.
Top of the League and on the way to Falmer...be stupid to not take a good offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here