Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray; Get him signed up long term

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
I have always been a massive fan of Murray ever since he signed, but this season his performances have been something else.

I can't remember a player since Bobby who wins so much in the air, and if he doesn't win it, 9 times out of 10 he is fouled. His touch and control are something else and he works his bollocks off every minute he is on the pitch.

I get the feeling with the midfield that a if a player has an off day there is someone else who can step in, but tbh none of the other strikers are even close to playing the role he does for the team.

So yeah, Gus, get him signed up!!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But I thought the 'cogniscenti' claim that he is One in Ten Glenn, and the cogniscenti are never wrong....

astill86

Nov 3, 2009
Haywards Heath
I have always been a massive fan of Murray ever since he signed, but this season his performances have been something else.

I can't remember a player since Bobby who wins so much in the air, and if he doesn't win it, 9 times out of 10 he is fouled. His touch and control are something else and he works his bollocks off every minute he is on the pitch.

I get the feeling with the midfield that a if a player has an off day there is someone else who can step in, but tbh none of the other strikers are even close to playing the role he does for the team.

So yeah, Gus, get him signed up!!!

Totally agree. I too have been a fan of his since he first signed and have always thought he was a decent player. This season however he's gone up a level or two. His work rate can no longer be questioned nor labelled as 'lazy' by anyone even on here.

We really need to get him on a longer contract as soon as is feasible, we can't afford too long as he will be free to talk to other clubs from Jan onwards I believe. Gus do the biz and get him on board long-term!!

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
I'd never seen Glenn Murray smile and look like he enjoys playing football until yesterday. I think he wins our sexiest player too. 4 year contract please

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think they hated him because he failed to 'respect' them by not clapping at Brentford.

I think a lot of people thought that he never looked bothered and rarely put any effort in. Thats why he wasn't "well liked" last year. I think it wasn't clear the extent of the injury he was carrying.

He is 10 times the player he was last year. His contribution is exceptional and if he doesn't sign a new contract, I'll be very sad.

I wish people would stop using the clapping as a cover up for a very poor season by this season's standards.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Totally agree. I too have been a fan of his since he first signed and have always thought he was a decent player. This season however he's gone up a level or two. His work rate can no longer be questioned nor labelled as 'lazy' by anyone even on here.

We really need to get him on a longer contract as soon as is feasible, we can't afford too long as he will be free to talk to other clubs from Jan onwards I believe.

Total respect to the boy, he seems to have matured a lot, puts in the hard and often painful graft for the team and has finally learnt the offside rule. But he's hardly setting the footballing world on fire though, is he? He's a definite asset but he's not flash enough to catch the eye of the would-be buyers. Reckon his best bet is to stay with the Albion and progress through to Championship level and achieve his footballing ambitions here rather than somewhere else.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Best thing he ever did was dumping that Rochdale bird

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Total respect to the boy, he seems to have matured a lot, puts in the hard and often painful graft for the team and has finally learnt the offside rule. But he's hardly setting the footballing world on fire though, is he? He's a definite asset but he's not flash enough to catch the eye of the would-be buyers. Reckon his best bet is to stay with the Albion and progress through to Championship level and achieve his footballing ambitions here rather than somewhere else.

What he said, don't think they'll be queueing up for him, and he ain't going anywhere yet either.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He would be nigh on impossible to replace- get him signed up!

Cause he can be replaced like any player:facepalm:
Will be interested to see how murray gets on in the championship as its quiet a step up and he's certainly not a high goal scorer:wink:

Certainly knowhere near as good as bobby as bobby scores 30 goals to murrays 10-15 a season.but yeah murray has been great so far.:thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We need this sorted by January otherwise he will probably have to be sold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here