Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn McGrath's Ashes Prediction

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
I see McGrath is predicting a 5-0 once again.
Does anyone think he even believes that himself or is it just part of the usual Aussie mind games?
So big Nate is going to spin us out at Cardiff then is he Glenn?
Right you are.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Does anyone think he even believes that himself or is it just part of the usual Aussie mind games?
Right you are.

He is just talking utter bobins. Perhaps he thinks if he says it like last time it will happen. He is just a wazack.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The prediction's not looking so good now Brett Lee's out of the first 2 tests.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
McGrath is an idiot.
At least ONE test is bound to be rained off.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
McGrath would predict 5-0 for a 3 test series.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Don't you just love him. Glen, your boys are going to get one hell of a beating.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Despite being an Aussie and notoriously one sided in these matters, I still can't find it in me to hate him. He's a fast bowling legend, plus cricketers as a breed are quite amiable type of people. Even a Saffie ego-tron like KP, morally bankrupt plumpster legend Ian Botham, or wife beating, whinger and former dead-bat maestro Geoff Boycott are vaguely likeable when compared to some of their soccerball peers.

As for a McGrath, he's got a long way to go in my book before he becomes anything like as much of a complete prick as David Campese.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Despite being an Aussie and notoriously one sided in these matters, I still can't find it in me to hate him.
He had that very annoying Australian cricketers' trait of coming on like the World's Biggest Twat whilst playing, then promptly seeming like a first class bloke when interviewed.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
He had that very annoying Australian cricketers' trait of coming on like the World's Biggest Twat whilst playing, then promptly seeming like a first class bloke when interviewed.

Exactly how I remember him, Saw him bowling at one stump warming up at arundel in 2005 and I counted 7 times in a row of him hitting it. Probably one of the best most consistent quick bowlers of all time.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland

Spot on. I was at the final test in Sydney last time around and had the oppo to meet Warne and McGrath afterwards, I wanted them to be the orrible gobby oiks they are on the telly, but they were nice guys and chatted away to all who asked. So did the England guys for that matter.

I tried that at an England-Turkey game in the late eighties and got told to piss off!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Right you are.

So, you ever heard of a shy, retiring Aussie cricketer who does not fully expect to win every match he plays ?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No Brett Lee for the first test though...
Lee wasn't certain to be picked anyway. He was competing for third pace bowler behind Johnson and Clarke. Lee's test average is currently 30.81 which seems a bit high for someone who is supposed to be the main strike bowler.
England also have a nasty habit of collapsing against a bowler who you wouldn't normally have considered for Sussex 3rds - so Hauritz will probably place and get a 10 for....
Anyone remember Craig McDonald getting injured in 1993 and England failing miserably against the fearsome opening pair of Merve Hughes and........ Mark Waugh. 2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's, Jun 17-21, 1993 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here