Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Rea on the way out?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I guess he felt he was not wanted i.e. his contract not renewed in a timely manner.....This does not bode well for our 'developing of home talent' and he will probably be in Bournemouth's squad next year....
I reckon he knows he'd get first team football at Luton where he was playing every week.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I guess he felt he was not wanted i.e. his contract not renewed in a timely manner.....This does not bode well for our 'developing of home talent' and he will probably be in Bournemouth's squad next year....

The level that the club attained last year is the highest for many years. If the youngsters do not progress to that level with the club then sadly they get left behind.

We are investing heavily in youth development and sadly not all of them will achieve the level we now find ourselves at. That is a fact of life. The fans want a successful side and if the youths coming through can't provide that then they move on - There will be some that will come through in the coming years I am sure of it.

Glen Rea may or may not be one of them. I am not so sure that he is on the way out just yet. Unless, he has had an offer elsewhere that he has decided to accept and that the club have accepted. I don't think he is one of the players that CH would be so ready to release due to not having progressed enough.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Your guess is exactly that. After his loan spells this season maybe he wants to play and if that means dropping down a division or 2 then fair play. I suspect Dallison is the better prospect

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Very similar to the Brennan Dickenson situation; Albion took out a contract extension option in May 2014 and then sold him to Gillingham for an undisclosed fee on June 30 2014.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Good luck to the lad which ever way he goes look how well the lads did at Bournmouth how ever others have left and then not done so well. It's getting in the right team and a bit of luck football is a very hard business. You win some and lose some. Don't forget Ian Wright turned down by the Albion:facepalm:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Good luck to the lad which ever way he goes look how well the lads did at Bournmouth how ever others have left and then not done so well. It's getting in the right team and a bit of luck football is a very hard business. You win some and lose some. Don't forget Ian Wright turned down by the Albion:facepalm:

Although they're not really the same kind of situation are they? Rea's progress as a youth player and then senior has been closely monitored in house for years whereas Wrighty was on trial as a teenager and didn't really shine until he was well into his 20's.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Apparently signing for Luton:

Jonathan Kimbabu ‏@JonathanKimbabu 54m54 minutes ago
Hearing that #Luton have completed the signing of defender Glen Rea. #LTFC

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The signing of Ben Hall pretty much signalled he was done here.

Good luck to him. I assume we can't add a sell on clause as he's out of contract?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I think we offered him a new contract on the same terms so we are entitled to some compensation. As he has not signed it (AFAIK) we can't dictate transfer terms.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think we offered him a new contract on the same terms so we are entitled to some compensation. As he has not signed it (AFAIK) we can't dictate transfer terms.

See post #85 - the Argus reported a couple of weeks ago that Albion exercised a one-year option, so he is still under contract. They also reported on Tuesday that Albion

....are still trying to thrash out a deal with Luton Town for the departure of ROI U-21 international Glen Rea to Kenilworth Road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here