Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Murray - where do you stand?

Glenn Murray - where do YOU Stand

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Replaced by who, exactly? We won't get another player the quality of Murray again without paying big money.

Probably not.
But we might have a chance of getting someone who actually, you know, wants to play for us.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Probably not.
But we might have a chance of getting someone who actually, you know, wants to play for us.

It's amazing how everyone seems to know exactly where Murray's head is at. Do you all have links to his Twitter or something? How are you getting daily updates on his mood?

Or is it that he's always had a languid, casual style of playing, that suits him?

Is it that he would be perfectly happy here, but his wife/girlfriend hasn't settled?

We know NOTHING.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Last season when Forster and Murray were playing up front together didn't it kick off between them more than once?
Obviously got no idea what it was all about, but at the time I remember thinking that the captain bollocking a fellow player and the player giving it back, or it might have been Murray bollocking Forster couldn't be good for team morale.
Maybe it was just general frustration on both side, but having put teams together myself, when something like this kicks off it doesn't do the team any good because they then start taking sides, and splitting the team up into factions.
May not have been anything. Just my two pennyworth.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
No you can't, just an observation like. But did anyone hear any other player getting a hard time for missing a sitter or not giving the ball to a player who thought they were in a better position to do something with it.
If Coxy is Salads anger management candidate why don't you hear bollocking from the far post at most corners. Because they probably all appreciate him and his buzzy style and know one day he will get it right, and they maybe the player that's on the end of it.
It's a team thing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's amazing how everyone seems to know exactly where Murray's head is at. Do you all have links to his Twitter or something? How are you getting daily updates on his mood?

Or is it that he's always had a languid, casual style of playing, that suits him?

Is it that he would be perfectly happy here, but his wife/girlfriend hasn't settled?

We know NOTHING.

I don't need daily updates on his mood, and I've not made any reference to his "casual style".

Quite bluntly, the fact that he has handed in two transfer requests, one of which was within a few months of signing for us, suggests to me that he is not a very happy bunny here and wants OUT.

You don't need to be Jeremy Kyle to work that out.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Leave it to the club.

As for my two penneth; after much thought I've decided that

a) I don't care if he ignores the fans and/or his team mates as long as he puts the effort in on the pitch (which I think he does).
b) If he is unhappy I feel sorry for him and I hope he sorts it out because he seems a decent bloke.
c) If we do decide to sell him then we can't expect to make a profit so anything near what we paid out would be good business.
d) I trust Russel Slade's man management enough to believe that if he was having a negative effect on the team he wouldn't be in the squad, which means...
e) Loaning him out would be pointless - all the while he's a Brighton player we should try and get the best out of his undeniable (at this level) talent.
f) I like his big nose.

That is all

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
TLO - you NEVER know the answer... you ALWAYS ask a question, whenever you are losing the argument... this is the latest example of many... so, make a useful contribution, or... :shutup:

So you have a go at someone else for asking a question when in your previous post you asked no less than three. Riiiight. Also, please learn to use punctuation correctly. A sentence has one full stop at the end of it, not three or more.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm in the "it's sad that his personal life has meant that we will probably lose our best player" catergory.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Last season when Forster and Murray were playing up front together didn't it kick off between them more than once?
Obviously got no idea what it was all about, but at the time I remember thinking that the captain bollocking a fellow player and the player giving it back, or it might have been Murray bollocking Forster couldn't be good for team morale.
Maybe it was just general frustration on both side, but having put teams together myself, when something like this kicks off it doesn't do the team any good because they then start taking sides, and splitting the team up into factions.
May not have been anything. Just my two pennyworth.

From what I've heard the two of them were getting on famously just before kick off at Brentford, laughing and joking together. Murray seems a popular bloke in the squad.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm in the "it's sad that his personal life has meant that we will probably lose our best player" catergory.

That's probably what this is all boiling down to.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Replaced by who, exactly? We won't get another player the quality of Murray again without paying big money.

Well, that's rather pessimistic.

a) Players earn big price tags through proving they have quality. They can't prove they have quality until given a chance. We could buy someone cheap who comes to us and proves they are worth 300k. So we might not have to spend big.

b) We've been spending big money, and may get some for Murray. Why are you so sure we can't/won't spend big to replace Murray?

c) It's the same argument people put forward for keeping MA "who will we get to replace him?" We got someone to replace him who kept us up. We don't know who we could sign to replace him, doesn't mean we can't replace him.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Would we need to replace Murray? If we spent good money on a classy creative midfield player, then Dickenson, Forster, Davies and Hart I feel sure will get the goals we need.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well, that's rather pessimistic.

a) Players earn big price tags through proving they have quality. They can't prove they have quality until given a chance. We could buy someone cheap who comes to us and proves they are worth 300k. So we might not have to spend big.

b) We've been spending big money, and may get some for Murray. Why are you so sure we can't/won't spend big to replace Murray?

c) It's the same argument people put forward for keeping MA "who will we get to replace him?" We got someone to replace him who kept us up. We don't know who we could sign to replace him, doesn't mean we can't replace him.

When playing Murray is worth much more than 300k.

We were very lucky to get him (quality wise, not in terms of his injuries/being unsettled etc), I doubt we'll get that lucky again so soon after.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When playing Murray is worth much more than 300k.

We were very lucky to get him (quality wise, not in terms of his injuries/being unsettled etc), I doubt we'll get that lucky again so soon after.

But he's not the only player that is or could be worth more than 300k.

Murray is not some one of a kind player who we see once in a life time. I know I'm not his biggest fan, I know I don't get exxcited when he's on the ball, but to suggest he is one of a kind is, forgive me, ridiculous. It is either pessimism in the extreme, or you are simply blinkered by your love of the guy.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But he's not the only player that is or could be worth more than 300k.

Murray is not some one of a kind player who we see once in a life time. I know I'm not his biggest fan, I know I don't get exxcited when he's on the ball, but to suggest he is one of a kind is, forgive me, ridiculous. It is either pessimism in the extreme, or you are simply blinkered by your love of the guy.

OK I'll put it out there:

I think he is the most NATURALLY TALENTED player we've had since Zamora. Bosh. There it is.

We got lucky with Zamora, why are we due to get lucky again?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
OK I'll put it out there:

I think he is the most NATURALLY TALENTED player we've had since Zamora. Bosh. There it is.

We got lucky with Zamora, why are we due to get lucky again?

Because it's not luck, it's called scouting. Because it's about finding the right player, someone who has this talent but is perhaps not getting along with his current manager, or because his current manager is more familiar with two other strikers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here