Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Murray SHOULD score 20 goals this season.

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
Like most fans I do hope we can still sign a goalscoring striker, but I've also been looking at Glen's statistics.

His career scoring stats are 65 goals in 133 starts, a ratio of a goal just under every three games. This suggests he would score 15 league goals if he played every game this season.

However, his record for us is better. He has scored 32 league goals in 65 starts, which means he should score 23 league goals this season if he plays every game.

So given that most of us assume we have a better team this year than the previous two, if he can stay free of injury and suspensions is there any reason why Glen can't be our 20 goal striker?

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
No, of course not. Glenn is definitely capable of 20+ goals. I think if we can bring in another striker who can pop them in too, we will be definite contenders, though once Ashley's confidence improves and with the return of Matt Sparrow, he should receive more balls in good positions and perhaps contend for golden boot.

D

Deleted member 2719

I believe he can and i believe in stats never lie, the problem we have is the modern day supporter still like these big names from other sides who have a "flair" name not sure they will call Glen "flair".

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
Im sorry but Glenn Murray is not good enough to score 20+ goals a season. He is so overrated on here. And once we get our new striker i fully expect to see him on the bench with Gus' 451 formation.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If Murray wants to put in the effort im sure he could, however all to often he does not seem up for it enough.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Am i being retarded or is this wrong? 65 goals in 133 starts is 1 goal every other game, isnt it? Unless, of course, you factor in sub appearances too.

Well, I shan't pass comment on any retardness you may or may not be exhibiting otherwise, but with regard to this, you're right.

According to soccerbase
League career: Starts 133, Subs 56, Goals 65. It gives the goal ratio as 0.34, which is reached by goals/appearance, not goals per start.

League For brighton: Starts 65, Subs 13, Goals 32. Goal ratio (g/a) is 0.41.

0.41*45 (since he was suspended for the first game) = 18.45 based on appearances.

(Glenn Murray - Brighton - details and stats | soccerbase.com)

goals/start = 0.49, if he makes 45 starts 22.05 goals

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
Am i being retarded or is this wrong? 65 goals in 133 starts is 1 goal every other game, isnt it? Unless, of course, you factor in sub appearances too.

Sorry, I had added in his sub appearances but forgot to say so. His 65 goals in 133 starts also suggest 22 goals this season-thus underlining the point.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Like most fans I do hope we can still sign a goalscoring striker, but I've also been looking at Glen's statistics.

His career scoring stats are 65 goals in 133 starts, a ratio of a goal just under every three games.

It is virtually 1 every other game, the actial figure 133 divided by 65 gives 2.046 so just to keep up to form he should get 23 goals and if his record is better with us then perhaps we can expect in excess of 28 if he players every game, which is comparable with any top quality striker.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Seeing as how he has scored goals for us in a struggling team and playing some dodgy football (i.e. under Adams) and was unhappy before Poyet came in, I'd definitely say he can get at least 20

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

His career scoring stats are 65 goals in 133 starts, a ratio of a goal just under every three games. This suggests he would score 15 league goals if he played every game this season.

However, his record for us is better. He has scored 32 league goals in 65 starts, which means he should score 23 league goals this season if he plays every game.

So given that most of us assume we have a better team this year than the previous two, if he can stay free of injury and suspensions is there any reason why Glen can't be our 20 goal striker?
Think he will only score 12/13 goals this season due to being suspendered for being a big tart-will not start every game,probably not even 3/4's of them.Red matches his eyes,sell him Gus,if you can get somebody stupid enough to make an offer :wave: :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here