Glen Judas

Glen Muzza The Judas

• Total voters

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Don't care.

For me
-Players come and go - I don't grow attached to them, so I don't tend to buy into the hype, either the extremes of support or the extremes of criticisms (which actually has the side effect of absolutes - such as players winning every tackle, or never heading the ball - sticking out and being somewhat annoying) and see pretty much every player as replaceable, even before we got Gus. With Gus (and his contacts) and TB (and his professional running of the club), and the stadium (and the increased budgets it brings), on the back of the previous season (and the positivity around the club and the football gus wants us to play) I'm even more confident about replacing any of our squad.
-Football rivalries are good for adding to the drama/entertainment of a match, and for good natured banter, for the pantomime ideals of villainy and for the bigger picture of results day (i.e. "we may have only got a draw, but they lost, ha!", or "at least they lost too" kind of thing). They are not for anger and visceral and heated hatred, and certainly not an excuse for physical violence or threats of it towards either 'the other side' or people who switch sides

This

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think part of the problem is that although we don't want to admit it, Palace have got a pretty decent player on their hands, and he could do well for them.

Had it been Chris Holroyd or Liam Dickinson who had signed for Palace we would have laughed our socks off, especially for £10k a week.

The excitement of playing in the CCC next season at the Amex has been tainted by our poor form since Murray was injured, was it coincidence, who knows? Also the fact that our financially strapped chums from Croydon can outbid us (and we all know it was a financial decision) for his services also sticks in the throat.

The secret fear is that Muzza will get 15-20 goals next season, and worst of all, might score against us when we play them.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Don't care.

For me
-Players come and go - I don't grow attached to them, so I don't tend to buy into the hype, either the extremes of support or the extremes of criticisms (which actually has the side effect of absolutes - such as players winning every tackle, or never heading the ball - sticking out and being somewhat annoying) and see pretty much every player as replaceable, even before we got Gus. With Gus (and his contacts) and TB (and his professional running of the club), and the stadium (and the increased budgets it brings), on the back of the previous season (and the positivity around the club and the football gus wants us to play) I'm even more confident about replacing any of our squad.
-Football rivalries are good for adding to the drama/entertainment of a match, and for good natured banter, for the pantomime ideals of villainy and for the bigger picture of results day (i.e. "we may have only got a draw, but they lost, ha!", or "at least they lost too" kind of thing). They are not for anger and visceral and heated hatred, and certainly not an excuse for physical violence or threats of it towards either 'the other side' or people who switch sides

Excellent!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Really not that bothered about this if he didn't like Brighton though I fear he will positive hate Croydon.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm a bit disappointed he's gone but I cant go as far as to call him a judas, He done his bit for us and played out his contract so he's entitled to move on if he so wishes. He may have had a good season but he's not the only 20 goal striker we had and we've moved fast to replace him with yet another 20 goal striker and with the promise of another 2 strikers to come, One thing i'm sure on is we'll start next season with a better strike force than we finished the last one with.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Did a good job for us but he's history now...we are in a very good place as a club and I'm not going to waste any emotion on him. However, if he does a Hammond if he scores that will be very different

Neither - my feeling is we will all get what we deserve. He helped us gain promotion, but in turn we helped him gain notoriety - and he's getting more money out of these points.

We'll replace him and get better than him, and he's given us an excuse to up the game in the striking department. 20 goals is good in a season, but it isn't 30 - he is no Ward or Zamora, and we have a lad who has scored almost as many and with less playing time.

He did well, but we've stepped up a division and there's no guarantee he'll get away with so much in the Championship.

The important thing is not so much that we get a lad who can pop a ball into a net from 10 yards, but getting players who can allow a forward the space and the ball to do it.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I think part of the problem is that although we don't want to admit it, Palace have got a pretty decent player on their hands, and he could do well for them.

Had it been Chris Holroyd or Liam Dickinson who had signed for Palace we would have laughed our socks off, especially for £10k a week.

The excitement of playing in the CCC next season at the Amex has been tainted by our poor form since Murray was injured, was it coincidence, who knows? Also the fact that our financially strapped chums from Croydon can outbid us (and we all know it was a financial decision) for his services also sticks in the throat.

The secret fear is that Muzza will get 15-20 goals next season, and worst of all, might score against us when we play them.

But can they? - We put a value on his services and he wanted more than we were willing to offer for someone with his age and experience.

We were unwilling to up our offer because we felt we could get proven players at this level in for the same wages as we were offering and not necessarily because we couldn't afford to meet Murrays wage demands. Maybe Palace know that all they only types of players they will be able to attract are unproven players at Championship level and the only way they could get those are by paying an inflated wage package to secure their services.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I still love him

He scored 57 goals, I can't think of many strikers that scored 50+ goals in my 24 years of watching (Zamora, Forster,??)

He cost £300,000, entertained, scored goals and saw out his contract, then moved on

And as everyone seems so obsessed about money, Murrays goals got us promoted which gave us a £4,000,000 cash injection. Not a bad return on the £300,000 investment

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Don't really care about him or palarse tbh.. As they say what goes around comes around so I'm sure that those that do care will eventually have the last laugh...

It's very simple really, he has gone to the club that offers the most money, he is not a supporter so why should he give a shit what we think.

Thanks for your efforts last season Glenn and cheerio.

So now can we move on with all things BHA and forget about ex players please?

Hoopz

Jun 25, 2010
Woking, Surrey
Dont care either to be honest!! Frankly I think Hoskins is a better player and the stats say so!! Murray 22 in a side that got promoted and Hoskins 20 in a side that got relegated! Tells a story doesnt it!! :) Lets focus on our new arrival and makes sure we spank Palarse when we see them next season!!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
When the Palace pay a visit i'm sure i'll send a song or two of hatred his way, but it's his life and he's free to move on. In many ways he never felt ours and perhaps he'll be unsettled in scummy Croydon too. I won't be feeling too betrayed as i rather like the suggested taste of our future with or without him.

This. Can't bring myself to hate him but he will get abuse from me at the game if he plays in Palace shirt against us, as would any ex-Brighton player who joined them straight from us. If I bumped into him in the street I'd say 'thanks for the goals but Palace? Are you sure?'. It's difficult to have any really strong emotions about a man who showed so little emotion himself. Part of me always liked him as a person, whilst often being a bit frustrated with him at the the same time. Some of the abuse he got from Brighton fans was OTT but again he didn't always help the situation with his own antics. He's made a strange and bad move (if you take into account more than just financial gain) in my eyes but this just further proves what an enigma he is. His improvement in form was down to being fully fit for the first time since we signed him following sorting his hernia out, and because he was being coached by a very good management team. If he continues that form for Palace he'll do ok, although I can't see him exactly setting The Championship alight.

So I'm glad it's over now and we can move on. I'm excited about Hoskins and whoever else may be in the pipeline. I can't bring myself to wish Murray good luck, as I woul've if he'd signed for someone else, but I can't bring myself to throw darts at his picture either.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Without reading through numerous threads/posts - has he actually signed yet because the Arsegas think not as of 11:40pm last night?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I wouldn't hold any grudges if he went to a bigger club (regardless of wages).
The fact he is going to Palace and a team arguably in a worse position than us to get promoted, he can bloody do one.
It's clear he is only in it for the money, there is NO other reason he would join Palace. None whatsoever.

Got it in one. I have tried, really tried, to think of a footballing reason he may have for joining Palace and simply can't think of one.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Without reading through numerous threads/posts - has he actually signed yet because the Arsegas think not as of 11:40pm last night?

I hav'nt seen anything official to say he has, I still think it would be funny if he ended up signing for Millwall or Southampton instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here