Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury Festival 2023 - the thread

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Ok, but it doesn't have yoga, hot tubs, ruddy George Ezra (had to check, mind), Cinch sponsorship, poetry readings...
When I went last, over a decade ago, it had hot tubs (pretty grim tbh and sponsored by some corporate giant), more sponsorship than you could imagine (it's festival republic's big money spinner after all), plenty of spoken word poetry stuff, and it has hosted (thanks to a quick google) George Ezra in the past. Yes, it's full of young people and therefore feels a bit edgier but it's not really. It's also really fine that the audience is middle class, as long as it is welcoming and fun, honestly, who cares? Excluding people by labelling events only available to one class is pretty stupid tbh.

And if you do really care about making music more accessible, then without derailing the thread, we need to subsidise and support the arts sector in a way that allows more people to get involved in it and not leave venues to die, and artists to have to make serious choices about whether continuing in music is the correct career choice.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Attachments

• flag.jpg
    flag.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 59

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I remember the days when you could get a Glasto or Reading ticket easily and quite late, same as getting a ticket for the Albion or the (occasional) First Division match. Often makes me wonder, what were people doing for fun as an alternative back then? Or is it just that there are more people in the world nowadays? Anyway, it's too busy for me nowadays (and I've been pre and post Mega Fence Glastonbury, and worked there). Last few times I was mostly around the cabaret, comedy and avalon areas. The comedy gold time was 1995 for me, v early Harry Hill, Phil Kay (love Phil, and no I don't mean Peter) and Simon Munnery all in a row and Portishead in a tent. Anyway, no one can fail to enjoy Glasto even an old square like me loved it.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Looks like Arctic Monkeys will be playing tonight. I couldn't see them missing Glastonbury.

Feel for the Irish fans though.
No O'Brian storm for them :)

I'm wondering if Cat Stevens will play as Cat Stevens and not whatever he calls himself this week

boik

Billy Nomates. Brilliant performance, huge energy, there's a touch of the Ian Curtis about the way she loses herself in the song. Just strange it's mainly to backing tracks. Is that just me hung up on seeing backing musicians onstage?
She's been my highlight so far. The energy she generated all on her own was fabulous. Love to see her bouncing off a full band.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
royal blood on twitter taking a real shafting!,

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
3 Albion flags and counting so far

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Young Fathers looks like the cast from Shaft.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
royal blood on twitter taking a real shafting!,
Lots seem to be very annoyed that they had a bit of a tantrum at the Radio One Big Weekend. They were sandwiched between Niall Horan and Lewis Capaldi, dreadful scheduling and an unappreciative crowd.

Seem to be going down well here.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
FF sound like a band that haven't rehearsed much

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here