Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury Festival 2023 - the thread

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Gave up on the Monkeys after an hour or so. Going by the comments it didn’t get any better.
Why did he decide 70s pub tribute was a good look

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The much underrated Courteeners are worth a look on iPlayer. Been around for a long time, always surprised they’re not headline material.
Yes I saw some of them, they were good.
I also turned AM off in the end, got bored, FF are a one trick pony and Royal Blood whilst good are very samey and are also starting to believe the hype. All in all I thought the main stage last night was a bit of a flop.
Sparks were bonkers and good fun though.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I have just woken in my tent after a magical night yesterday.
Just, wow.
Gabriels were just wonderful, emotional and uplifting. Then I watched Joey Badass, who was fun, before heading to The Other Stage - Fred Again…superb, communal, impossible not to dance throughout, hugging countless strangers- felt a bit lived up for some reason. 🤪
On to The Pyramid Stage and Arctic Monkeys. All I can say to all the old geezers (I am an old geezer) is “You weren’t there, man”. Two utterly joyous hours, banger after banger. The crowd was fully engaged, despite a two second video of somebody yawning. It was magnificent. Truly one of the greatest bands of all time.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just, wow.
Gabriels were just wonderful, emotional and uplifting. Then I watched Joey Badass, who was fun, before heading to The Other Stage - Fred Again…superb, communal, impossible not to dance throughout, hugging countless strangers- felt a bit lived up for some reason. 🤪
On to The Pyramid Stage and Arctic Monkeys. All I can say to all the old geezers (I am an old geezer) is “You weren’t there, man”. Two utterly joyous hours, banger after banger. The crowd was fully engaged, despite a two second video of somebody yawning. It was magnificent. Truly one of the greatest bands of all time.
We’ll put you down as a maybe then. :lolol:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just, wow.
Glad you enjoyed, music is always so much better live.

The BBC gave a mixed revue, saying people were leaving during their set.

Turner is a charismatic, if somewhat aloof, frontman. With his wide-collar shirt unbuttoned, he rests his foot on the monitors and pulls convincing rock star shapes. But he barely communicates with the audience beyond a Vegas-style, "Thank you very much".
A bit more communication might have stopped the audience drifting off during the slower-paced new songs but, in the event, there's a frequent disconnect between the stage and the field.
if the crowd frequently grew impatient, all was forgiven when the Arctics closed the set with the double-whammy of I Bet You Look Good On The Dance and RU Mine.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Just woke up to find I've won tickets to Iggy Pop, Blondie, Generation Sex, Stiff Little Fingers, Buzzcocks next Saturday at ,ahem, Crippled Alice park....

All of them, well maybe not the 'cocks these day, should put on a better show than the Arctic Monkeys dullfest performance yesterday ( imo as a 50 something old fart natch )

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just, wow.

I watched Fred Again, a great performance.

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I watched Fred Again, they were great.
He.

The tattoed guy just helps with live performances.

Would have made a MUCH better headliner than AM. Massive with the kids. Playing four nights at Ally Pally later in the year.

This is well worth a watch:

And this short clip. TALENT, right here.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He.

The tattoed guy just helps with live performances.

Would have made a MUCH better headliner than AM. Massive with the kids. Playing four nights at Ally Pally later in the year.

This is well worth a watch:

:lolol:

I’d never heard of him before, I’ll peruse on youtube next week.

Those two worked well together

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The much underrated Courteeners are worth a look on iPlayer. Been around for a long time, always surprised they’re not headline material.
My sons have seen them several times including last weekend at IOW and the weekend before in Manchester.
Definitely underrated seeing as they seem so popular with younger people.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Glad you enjoyed, music is always so much better live.

The BBC gave a mixed revue, saying people were leaving during their set.

Turner is a charismatic, if somewhat aloof, frontman. With his wide-collar shirt unbuttoned, he rests his foot on the monitors and pulls convincing rock star shapes. But he barely communicates with the audience beyond a Vegas-style, "Thank you very much".
A bit more communication might have stopped the audience drifting off during the slower-paced new songs but, in the event, there's a frequent disconnect between the stage and the field.
if the crowd frequently grew impatient, all was forgiven when the Arctics closed the set with the double-whammy of I Bet You Look Good On The Dance and RU Mine.
I think that’s it. ‘Live’ is brilliant and I’m glad @Pogue Mahone loved it, but on the telly box it was dull.

Only caught three other bands yesterday. Young Fathers and Sparks were great.

Foo Fighters I switched over to, but switched off when I realised that I really take nothing from their music.

I hear from reliable sources that Fred Again was fantastic.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Loving the Brighton flags this year. Whoever did the De Zerbi one is a legend. If you see some blow up cats on the end of a flag pole come and say hey.

Such a great day yesterday. Yaya Bey was really good and would recommend giving her a listen to. Foo Fighters smashed it, very emotional for a lot of people. Also hilarious he was fuming they only got an hour slot. Fred Again killed it.

Not the biggest Arctic Monkeys fan but thought they were ok. Fatboy Slim set was excellent!

3 hours sleep and we go again. Best place on earth. So nice to escape the commoners for a few days.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I thought AM were very good. It's nice to see a band evolve, change, grow up even . . . I guess relatively, they're Weller in the late stages of Style COuncil . . .If they were still banging out teenage power pop/punk they'd be irrelevant already. There are more than enough one trick pony bands already. . . . More than enough bands that dissapear for 10-15 years after their star fades, then reappear with 'new' music which is just a B side rejected from their first album.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here