Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury 2022 line up

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Watching it now. Surprised you didn't mention the Seagulls flag.

Saw a bunch of lads with Albion shirts on the coverage earlier! Loads of Albion flags it seems - one front and centre for a lot of the coverage.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Eilish was fantastic. What a varied choice of songs and styles, so talented.

Yes, the different styles showed off both her versatility and the talent of Finneas. Very enjoyable.

And seeing that Albion flag briefly taking up most of the screen during Billie Bossa Nova was a bonus.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Billie and Finneas were absolutely superb, as expected.

To be that talented, and to have strong songs across such a variety of genres and styles at 20 and 24 years old respectively, it’s just mind-boggling.

Would love to have been there for that.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Idles superb, saint etienne lost it a bit.

They’re doing a secret set tomorrow on the BBC introducing stage, and I have to say I’m very very very very very very very jealous of anyone who’s going to see it. It’s what I’ve wanted for years and they are going to get it.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Still got some belters to go, Black Midi should be good value tomorrow as well as Squid. Warmduscher will be worth a laugh and Fontaines will be great on a big stage, but the big one for me is Turnstile. I can’t wait to watch them even on TV to hopefully smash the shit out of the stage.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Four Tet incredible set. If anyone is unsure about melodic dance/electronic music I strongly recommend listening to his set. Absolutely brilliant!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Four Tet incredible set. If anyone is unsure about melodic dance/electronic music I strongly recommend listening to his set. Absolutely brilliant!

Will get onto this. Big fan of a lot of similar stuff to theirs, just never given them(/him?) a chance.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You and I disagree occasionally. This is one of those occasions.

This is a 20yo, surrounded with incredibly talented musicians and visual artists, breaking ground that is yet to be broken at Glastonbury

It was more a comment on the predictability of Crodo's post. That said, she was dull enough to send me to bed. My 11yo daughter loves her though and I suspect that's her real audience.

And yes, 20 is incredible for headlining Glasto, though you have to wonder if, by naming her and Macca, they were simply ticking a couple of age diversity boxes. Good publicity to have a 20 year old followed by an octogenarian. And, as well as being surrounded by those musicians, so she's also surrounded by her showbiz California family. Got to be a little easier to break through with her parents connections and brother's production and song writing, no?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Idles superb, saint etienne lost it a bit.

Yep, I watched the St Etienne set back after I'd walked the dog and it had that real "middle aged women doing a half decent karaoke version" feel to it. Switched off after a while.

I prefer to remember Sarah Cracknell in full tight gold lame suit gorgeousness at the East Wing of the Centre circa 1991.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The most annoying thing of the Beeb's is that on the EPG for each programme they are keener on naming their presenters than the musical acts. For the 5pm today they have 3 acts and 4 presenters

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here