Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury 2022 line up

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Phoebe Bridgers for me on the Friday, a day absolutely overly-stacked with acts I want to see. It is clash central, am trying to figure out if I can make the Sugababes in Avalon after Phoebe in John Peel and then leg it back to the John Peel for Primal Scream. Exhausting.

Excellent line-up this year, the Saturday and Sunday looked to be much more relaxed affairs for me.

Cannot wait to get back to the farm.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
But I bet people of a certain age would have said things like;

‘Just seen this and this old codger is very underwhelmed’

‘Quite a few who I've never heard of or I have but know nothing about them’

‘It's not staged for people like me though’

I used to make my mum & dad listen to the albums I'd bought, so they were quite up to date. I always remember my dad commenting on the lyrics in the last verse of "The Lemon Song" by Led Zeppelin. He was quite impressed.:lolol:

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But I bet people of a certain age would have said things like;

‘Just seen this and this old codger is very underwhelmed’

‘Quite a few who I've never heard of or I have but know nothing about them’

‘It's not staged for people like me though’

Yep, my grandfather :down:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I am going, for the first time at the age of 60. Being a teacher has meant that it has been impossible for me to go before.

I'm so looking forward to it, and the line up is, in my opinion, superb. Top of my list: The Avalanches, Kendrick Lamar, Little Simz, Jarv is, Foals, Khruangbin, Gabriels. But generally, just wandering around, taking in the vibe is what I am most looking forward to.

We didn't all stop listening to music produced after the 70s, stubbornly refusing to believe that anything that followed could be any good. Personally, I would have hated that 1970 IOW Festival referenced above.

I admire you, I'm 50 and while I'd love to see so many acts, I'd rather deep fry my head in a vat of boiling acid than actually spend the weekend there, I just like my home comforts too much. Mildy envious tbh.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I am going, for the first time at the age of 60. Being a teacher has meant that it has been impossible for me to go before.

I'm so looking forward to it, and the line up is, in my opinion, superb. Top of my list: The Avalanches, Kendrick Lamar, Little Simz, Jarv is, Foals, Khruangbin, Gabriels. But generally, just wandering around, taking in the vibe is what I am most looking forward to.

We didn't all stop listening to music produced after the 70s, stubbornly refusing to believe that anything that followed could be any good. Personally, I would have hated that 1970 IOW Festival referenced above.

You are in for an absolute treat. Enjoy!

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I used to make my Mum & Dad listen to the albums I'd bought, so they were quite up to date. I always remember my Dad commenting on the lyrics in the last verse of "The Lemon Song" by Led Zeppelin. He was quite impressed.:lolol:

Great memory. Reminds me of my mum back in the 80’s calling out ‘can you play my favourite one’. So on went the The Card Cheat by The Clash. May be a thread in the making!

morematey

Jun 28, 2017

Great post. The line up is superb. Big respect to you to be gigging as hard as you do at 60 (based on your posts in the live thread). I hope to still be hitting it as hard as you do at that age and especially still seeking out new music. Like you, my job rules me out of Glastonbury and so I’ve never been - based on many first hand accounts I’m sure you are going to have an awesome time.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Very jealous of people going.

It always shocks me that people haven’t heard of Kendrick Lamar. It shouldn’t - some people will turn their nose up at anything that falls under the label of Rap/Hip-Hop. But the bloke has cemented himself as one of the most important artists of a generation and will be known as one of the greatest ever by the time he calls it a day. I can’t think of many people who deserve to headline Glasto more than he does.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I feel lucky to have been to many Glastonburys in the past when the line up was much stronger but it would still be enjoyable any year (mostly for wandering the performance stages) Still, from that weak line up I would enjoy plenty of oldies acts: Robert Plant, Paul Heaton, Terry Reid (a God), Hothouse Flowers (always a guilty pleasure for 14 yo me). The only contemporary band that's unmissable for me on that line up is Khruangbin at the glorious Park Stage but they would have been better earlier on when the sun is shining (ha, at Glastonbury?), perfect outside festival music. Love that band but can neither say it or spell it :D

I might work there one more time when I am fitter, certainly wouldn't pay the ridiculous entry fee nowadays.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This was my first festival. Was particularly excited about Rollins Band, Cypress Hill and Soundgarden. Soundgarden pulled out though and Stabbing Westward stood in. Very disappointing. But a classic year that one. Chili Peppers were better than I thought they’d be. Cud and TMBG were also great.

Great line up. And all for £55!

8DD40974-B387-4804-8A4D-3CB09A8932EF.jpeg

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
This was my first festival. Was particularly excited about Rollins Band, Cypress Hill and Soundgarden. Soundgarden pulled out though and Stabbing Westward stood in. Very disappointing. But a classic year that one. Chili Peppers were better than I thought they’d be. Cud and TMBG were also great.

Great line up. And all for £55!

View attachment 148420

Did you see Frank Sidebottom on the comedy stuff? One of my heroes.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Did you see Frank Sidebottom on the comedy stuff? One of my heroes.

I didn’t but I did subsequently saw him upstairs at The Albert in Brighton in maybe 2007? Personally, I found his act very amusing for about half an hour. Didn’t hold my attention for that long though.

Interesting anecdote; a mate of mine once gave Frank Sidebottom a backstage blow job at another gig up North, many years ago. While he was wearing his big head. She never saw his face.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A lot of stuff for old farts (even older farts than me) and a lot of stuff I've never heard of. Guess what ........ I ain't going! (and this from a veteran of festivals without any thing relevant in terms of food outlets, and without anything resembling proper toilets!) Yes,and sadly Jimi Hendrix was a bit rubbish on the day......................

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here