Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glasgow Rangers to buy Bury and play in England?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sounds like a newspaper fantasy to stir up debate. how would that even work? would they get FA and FL approval to move ground or even play in the league like that?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
They must be forced into playing their games at Gigg Lane then or it would not be fair to make visitors travel up to Glasgow.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
sounds like a newspaper fantasy to stir up debate. how would that even work? would they get FA and FL approval to move ground or even play in the league like that?

Exactly. Wasn't there a plan by Wimbledon to play games in Dublin (before the MK plans came to fruition)? If this was allowed, there'd be nothing stopping someone in Qatar buying a team and playing out in the desert: it's a completely made-up story.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Exactly. Wasn't there a plan by Wimbledon to play games in Dublin (before the MK plans came to fruition)? If this was allowed, there'd be nothing stopping someone in Qatar buying a team and playing out in the desert: it's a completely made-up story.

A frightening thought! even worse if we drew them for a tuesday night away game.

What I don't understand is the hostility from other clubs in the SPL, don't they realise if you weaken rangers you weaken celtic, if you weaken the OF the whole league is f***ed.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
A frightening thought! even worse if we drew them for a tuesday night away game.

No, it would be f***ing awesome. I might finally get to see a game.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
On the radio this morning that the most likely event will see Rangers in the Scottish first division. No mention of this non-story. Mischief making from the sun I suspect.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I'm sure UEFA would love this. We'd have Barcelona, Real, Bayern, Milan etc. buying clubs to create a Euro League via the Premier League.

Can't ever see it being allowed.

If there is even the slightest truth in the suggestion that the new Rangers owner thinks this is an idea worth pursuing, it proves that the club has been sold to an idiot who understands nothing.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As long as they move to Bury and the team is called Bury, I can't see a problem.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Was there not a story going the rounds a couple of years ago that the Premier Division wanted to play each other 3 times per season with one of them being played either in USA Middle or Far east. So perhaps it is not totally beyond the realms of possibility.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Was there not a story going the rounds a couple of years ago that the Premier Division wanted to play each other 3 times per season with one of them being played either in USA Middle or Far east. So perhaps it is not totally beyond the realms of possibility.

There was a suggestion of a 39th game, to be played in the far East, but it quickly died a death. But even that madcap idea wasn't based on the idea that clubs would actually be based in Asia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here