Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glad all over

I was readinhg this and wondered how we would feel about "Glad All Over" being played at Withers

Anfield will echo to sound of Z-Cars
Aug 28 2007 by Tony Barrett and Mary Murtagh, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL Football Club will today pay Rhys Jones the ultimate tribute by playing the murdered youngster’s beloved Everton anthem at Anfield.

The Z-Cars theme tune “Johnny Todd” – which traditionally heralds the Blues’ arrival on to the Goodison Park pitch – will be played prior to You’ll Never Walk Alone before Liverpool’s Champions League match with Toulouse.

Liverpool chiefs made the unprecedented move after being inundated with requests from Reds fans who wanted to mark the 11-year-old’s death and show solidarity with his family

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's a weird one, but the rivalry between Liverpool and Everton is vastly different to the friendly banter between us artisan high-brow specimens of dignity and stylish nobility, and those disgusting, shit-eating spunkmonkeys, Crystal Palace.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
as long as we didn't have to sing along i wouldn't mind/care :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Everton and Liverpool are bound by the fact that they are rivals who share the same city where this tragedy occurred. If the same circumstances happened in Croydon (ie a young Palace fan getting gunned down), I think the playing of Glad All Over down here as a tribute would be a fairly trite irrelevence.

And in general terms, of course no, that gaudy drivel Glad All Over should NEVER pollute the Withdean tannoy or the Sussex airwaves.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
For me a well observed minutes silence would be the ultimate tribute - followed immediately by a full scale rendition of 'You'll never walk alone'.

so no - it would never be necessary to play Glad all Over...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was readinhg this and wondered how we would feel about "Glad All Over" being played at Withers

Anfield will echo to sound of Z-Cars
Aug 28 2007 by Tony Barrett and Mary Murtagh, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL Football Club will today pay Rhys Jones the ultimate tribute by playing the murdered youngster’s beloved Everton anthem at Anfield.

The Z-Cars theme tune “Johnny Todd” – which traditionally heralds the Blues’ arrival on to the Goodison Park pitch – will be played prior to You’ll Never Walk Alone before Liverpool’s Champions League match with Toulouse.

Liverpool chiefs made the unprecedented move after being inundated with requests from Reds fans who wanted to mark the 11-year-old’s death and show solidarity with his family
***Controversial post alert***

This sort of bollocks strikes me as typically scouse. If there is a bus riding to Self Pitys Ville or Sorrow City, expect the front seats to be booked months in advance by the scousers.

I mean look at this situation. It's undeniably awful, because a boy has been gunned down - and he happens to be an ardent Everton fan. But what good is borrowing a song from your rivals and playing it over the tannoy? It smacks of "ey ey it's orrrfl that is, and they're scousers 'n'all. Why us scousers, ey?"

Surely there are better things these Liverpool FC fans could be doing. Maybe writing in to the media to keep it in the public eye, or even offering their services where appropriate.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I used to like the Dave Clark Five until the scum lot adopted that song.

This sort of bollocks strikes me as typically scouse. If there is a bus riding to Self Pitys Ville or Sorrow City, expect the front seats to be booked months in advance by the scousers.

I mean look at this situation. It's undeniably awful, because a boy has been gunned down - and he happens to be an ardent Everton fan. But what good is borrowing a song from your rivals and playing it over the tannoy? It smacks of "ey ey it's orrrfl that is, and they're scousers 'n'all. Why us scousers, ey?"

Surely there are better things these Liverpool FC fans could be doing. Maybe writing in to the media to keep it in the public eye, or even offering their services where appropriate.

Of course there are better things these Liverpool FC fans could be doing. Like turning in the scum that did it

It's a weird one, but the rivalry between Liverpool and Everton is vastly different to the friendly banter between us artisan high-brow specimens of dignity and stylish nobility, and those disgusting, shit-eating spunkmonkeys, Crystal Palace.

So. that's a No then?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Of course there are better things these Liverpool FC fans could be doing. Like turning in the scum that did it

So it was a Liverpool fan that did it? Have you rung the police?

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea

Sounds a little bit Boris Johnson to me.

Remember when we were champions of the Second Division and played the last game of the season away at Port Vale?

Everybody stayed behind after the game to party with the players and the kind folk who controlled the public address system decided to help the celebrations with a rousing blast of ...

... Glad All Over.

There were Albion fans there who joined in the fun by singing along with it.

:thud:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Remember when we were champions of the Second Division and played the last game of the season away at Port Vale?

Everybody stayed behind after the game to party with the players and the kind folk who controlled the public address system decided to help the celebrations with a rousing blast of ...

... Glad All Over.

There were Albion fans there who joined in the fun by singing along with it.

:thud:

This is true.

My conscience is clear though :angel::lolol:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

People, this is NOT repeat NOT funny, nor is it the place for smart arse comments.

Somebody's eleven year old son was shot and killed by some scumbag. For those who have children that age (and indeed those of you who don't), try and imagine how that would feel. I can't and nor can you....

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...ain-they-d-turn-in-their-son-100252-19695230/

RHYS Jones’s heartbroken mother blames the parents of her son’s killer for making him capable of murder.

In their second heart-rending appeal for help, Rhys’s parents vowed to leave Croxteth Park for a new life elsewhere.

And his mother Melanie Jones appealed to the teenage gunman’s family to turn him in.

Mrs Jones, 41, who said she had never before felt frightened in her neighbourhood – where the family have lived in their three-bedroomed semi for almost two decades – broke down in tears as she revealed: “I don’t feel safe now up there. I am going to leave.

“I can’t live there any more. I can’t go up to those shops any more. I’ve got to move somewhere else.”

Rhys’s father, Stephen, 44, added: “It’s a question of us not being able to go up to the shops every day past the spot where our son has died.”

Mrs Jones – who cradled her 11-year-old “baby” as he lay dying from a bullet that passed through his neck – said she did not know what was really happening in the neighbourhood.

She added: “We never knew anything about guns. We’ve lived there 17 years and we’ve never had any trouble. Never been frightened about going out.

“Yes there are gangs of kids around, but there’s gangs of teenagers everywhere – especially up at the shops because that’s where they congregate.

“But I’ve never known anything about trouble like that. Maybe I live in a bubble, but I never thought they went up there with guns.”

Rhys, a devoted Everton fan, died on Wednesday night in Alder Hey children’s hospital.

Police have arrested 10 teenagers. Six have been bailed and four released without charge.

Detectives believe Rhys’s killer is aged between 13 and 15.

Mrs Jones said she was devastated that someone so young could commit such an appalling crime.

She said: “It’s horrendous. What kind of people are they? What are their parents doing is what I want to know.

“They must know it’s their kid. They must know what they’re up to – or don’t they care?

“I knew where my son was. I knew where my sons were all the time. If they were going out I knew where they were, who they were with and what time they would be home.

“The parents don’t care. I blame the parents most of all. There are no boundaries any more. There’s no respect.

“If their parents had any thought about our pain and what we have lost they’d turn in their son. A sister, or aunt or son must know who it is, or suspect who it is.

“They should turn them in. Because someone needs to get a grip – someone needs to do something.

“You can’t do something like this and behave normally.

“You will know if your son is not behaving normally. . . or maybe has told someone.

“I would say to them: Do the right thing. Please come forward. I know it will be hard but my son is dead and we need to bring this to an end.

“If you were there on Wednesday night and you have not spoken to the police because you think you didn’t see anything or something was trivial – even if you were just there around that area.

“Please go to the police and say you were there.

“Please come forward. And if anyone has any suspicions about anyone please come forward.

“It’s not going to bring Rhys back but we want this person caught because I really believe that he will do it again. We need this person caught.”

Speaking directly to the killer Mrs Jones said: “Turn yourself in. How can you live with yourself?

“You are not going to be able to live with yourself. It’s going to be on your conscience for the rest of your life.

“Turn yourself in because they are going to find you anyway.”

She added: “They will find him. I know they’ll find him. So for his own sake he should hand himself in and give us a bit of peace.”

Mr Jones told of their feelings about the suspected age of the killer.

“The thing is that if you take away the gun, you take away the hoodie, you take away the bike, it’s just a little boy – a kid,” he said. It’s shocking to us that a young lad like that can be riding around with a gun.

“It’s frightening and my lad is dead through no fault of his own. It’s beyond belief – like something that you see on some film.”

He added: “It’s your responsibility as a parent to be an asset to the community, which I hope we have done with both our boys.

“You guide them and nurture them into being upstanding individuals.

“But obviously somewhere along the line the guy that shot my son has gone very wrong.”

“There will be a few people out there who know what’s gone on. Whether that’s a case of them behaving differently, whether they are behaving differently. They may be nervous or their clothes may have mysteriously disappeared.”

Asked how the family is coping with their loss Mrs Jones said: “I just don’t know how we are coping really.

“But we have to be strong. We were determined to make these pleas.

“We are determined to go out and to keep Rhys in the media and in people’s minds, but we have got an older son too and we have to be strong for him.

“We can’t fall apart. But we are getting a lot of support. All our family and friends are around us all the time.

“Owen is very quiet. He is a quiet boy anyway, but he is devastated.

“He can’t even say the words. He can’t even say what has happened to his brother.

“It’s going to take him a long time to get over it . . . if he ever gets over it. I don’t think he will. I don’t think any of us ever will. “You’ve just got to learn to live with it . . . if you can.”

The couple were joined by their eldest son Owen, 17, in front of more than 30,000 fans at Goodison Park on Saturday for a minute’s applause.

Mr Jones, said: “The emotion that flowed out to us was incredible.

“But I would have given anything just to have turned up at that game as normal with my two lads and to have been just faces in the crowd.

“But to walk out on to the edge of the pitch . . . it was just deafening and we just could not hear the Tannoy. It was just overwhelming.”

Mrs Jones said visiting the murder scene had been part of a “rollercoaster of emotions” but she drew strength from people’s support across the country.

“We’ve had letters and cards from all over the country and it really does restore your faith that it is not all bad,” she said.

“There are some lovely people.”

news@liverpoolecho.co.uk

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Actually I think Glad All Over is a great track regardless of the the Palace connections.

And when you are at Selhurst and the Palace fans belt it out and stamp their feet
I think "yeah I wish we had something like that"...

Actually I think Glad All Over is a great track regardless of the the Palace connections.

And when you are at Selhurst and the Palace fans belt it out and stamp their feet
I think "yeah I wish we had something like that"...

No way. We can do better than that cheesefest crap.
The Albion should come on the field to 'Hello, Hooray' by Alice Cooper, and when we score; "You Can't Touch This". After a win, "Proud Mary" by Ike and Tina.

For the first game at Falmer though, the track to open the game has to be Etta James singing "At Last". I doubt there'd be a dry eye.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here