Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Giving Wednesday evening a miss

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My wife is having an illiostomy reversal in two weeks following last years bowel cancer surgery so I think we’ll lie low for this one.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Junior won’t be attending as it’s a school night but might be travelling down with a mate.

Both STH’s me in WSU (north price bracket) and him in the north. If we wanted to sit together in WSU as a one off could we do this and what would the cost be on the basis we are both STH?

Aware of the ST sharing £20 scheme but wasn’t sure if it applies here, although technically I am upgrading my sons to and adult AND to share so could get expensive?!

Thanks

seagullrich

Dec 16, 2010
I'm going to go if I can get a parking ticket but not taking the risk with a train or park&ride.

It's obviously sold out now but if anyone has a parking ticket and is no longer going to use it I'll buy it off them!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Norwich fans clearly not as fussed as many on here (which isn't a criticism) - looking pretty full there tonight albeit with the odd few seats empty.

Never mind covid I’m amazed the stadium is full given the dire displays they’ve been watching so far this season. Obviously gluttons for punishment.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Living in the North East and still having a ST has been especially challenging in Covid times. I used to be able to justify the regular trips down because I'd always spend some time with my Grandmother in Hove before/after the match etc. However, given her age (she's in her 90s) there's no way I'd risk going into see her (particularly after being in a packed stadium, on public transport etc). This isn't an issue specific to this evening's game, but Covid really has made it increasingly unjustifiable for me to have a ST, so I think this season will be my last (managed to keep the run going from Withdean times, so a bit gutted).

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Norwich fans clearly not as fussed as many on here (which isn't a criticism) - looking pretty full there tonight albeit with the odd few seats empty.

The big difference being the location of the ground. Public transport is what is putting a lot of our fans off,

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Recently disabled and Covid risk prevents me from going. Mostly the crowded trains though. New variant and booster does not influence the decision. I might have to give up for good for poor health reasons.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Never mind covid I’m amazed the stadium is full given the dire displays they’ve been watching so far this season. Obviously gluttons for punishment.

Which were these 'dire displays' you refer to?

Everton was dire. Newcastle was pretty dire. That's about it, I'd say. Every other performance has been reasonable at worst, despite the frustrating results.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Don't want to stuff up having Christmas with my parents, might not have many more of them left, so not going either.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think you’re right, this is astonishingly contagious. People we know/family (who I didn’t meet to pass it on to) are going down like 9 pins. Not conjecture by hypochondriacs, these are positive pcr tests.

I barely knew a soul who’d had Covid before this month.

Luckily for me, taste and smell preserved.

Today’s symptoms, so knackered. Dozed earlier and I’ve never been a daytime sleeper.

Nil friends caught it until last month and now seven and one died. ALL double vaccinated. It doesn't appear universally contagious though as some people have escaped catching it. Schools, work places and going to football all implicated by first hand knowledge, cafe by hearsay,

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
never mind covid i’m amazed the stadium is full given the dire displays they’ve been watching so far this season. Obviously gluttons for punishment.

Everybody back. We've got a booer.

E3mSM6oX0AQpO3t.jpg

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005

Yes weird how the virus seems to have avoided that part. You can count the number of positive cases in Norfolk on the fingers of one hand…

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Yes weird how the virus seems to have avoided that part. You can count the number of positive cases in Norfolk on the fingers of one hand…

Only six cases in Norfolk then :rolleyes:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
**** it, I'm giving it a swerve

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here