Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Giving up on the Albion (part 1)

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Followed the Albion for 28yrs, seen relegations, saw our home sold from underneath us, done 140 mile round trips just to watch us play "at home", stood in the pissing rain watching us lose in the 3rd division......
I've also watched us climb up those divisions, build our very own sparkly new stadium, seen us play at the millennium stadium, play at Wembley, beat teams like United, arsenal and spurs while playing in the best league on the planet, and I can only imagine what the future holds for us if we keep progressing the way we are.

Why on earth would I give up now? The Albion are and always will be a part of my life. They may piss me off or let me down from time to time, but that's football, and I love my club.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Refusing to pay the monies, will watch on dodgy stream, and if that doesn't work listen on the wireless, just like the old days.
Just because you don't do what the hard mentality do, doesn't make you any less of a fan :shrug:

To be fair, you've been a moody stream jocky for years. BT, Sky, Amazon, Billy Smart's Circus, it's all water of a ducks back for you, innit? ??? :rolleyes:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I've seen it all in fifty odd years of supporting my team, constant lower league football, a handful of minutes from going out of the league, a couple of seasons playing on the moon, a great many years sitting on scaffold at an athletics track, euphoria and despair, I've had the lot. Becoming a snowflake because we're not competing with a traditional english top six? Nope, not yet. I will be buried or cremated in a blue and white box but until that time......you can **** right off with this vitriol towards my team

You have said what I was going to say. Could not have put it better. UTA.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I’m at the stage now, where I could be close to giving up on football completely.

The greed throughout the professional game, VAR is a total mood killer, and has been implemented so badly, zillion pound transfers for pretty average players, so called agents, who are no better than pimps, clubs willing to pay millions to agents, television companies being the new masters of the game,fans being an inconvenience to clubs, the big six trying to bully everyone to get their own way, and the PPV. debacle, the new rules FIFA wants to bring in.
I’ve always thought that football had to move with the times, and has at times, been at fault for not keeping up with modern day concerns, but now, I am not far off walking away from all of it.

Unless football hierarchy starts addressing the very real concerns of ordinary fans, I can see my feelings for the beautiful game will be in the majority, not just a small minority.

Hear hear. I'm in the can't pay, won't pay bracket now.The PL is a complete farce, the hope has vanished compared to the 70's and 80's and that was tough enough. The 'sport' is in dire need of reform but not in a Rick Parry way. It's utterly lost its way. It's been stolen from us really.

My wish would be for a new football league to be created, comprising of 92 clubs i.e. 6 promoted from the non league and minus the so called top 6. Every member club remaining has to abide my a new code of governance, that values competition above all else. Any players moving to the super elite are embargoed, much like a union. Go make your fortune with Barcelona, Chelsea etc by all means, but if you don't, it's game over for the greedy son of a bitch. You're never allowed back. Liverpool etc can disappear of to play Miami Donga's or whoever, enjoy the fascinating scottish-esq quality of a league where you 'play' the same fixtures 4 times a season, full of adverts and forensic TV analysis that makes it a 180min 'contest', leaving the majority of clubs to become pride of their local communities again, not some global television circus full of players whose names I can't pronounce and are stockpiled / don't even make an appearance for the club (which Albion are a major culprit of these days) supported by so called fans who have absolutely zero chance of ever coming to this country never mind attending a match in person (SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAMS F***WITS, NOT OUTS!!).

I fecking hate football at the 'top end' more and more, the modern game has eaten itself and the so called leaders should all be shot for the shameless train wreck they've preceded over because of their eternal greed and lust for power.

Damn them all, I hope likes of Rick Parry, the Oligarchs, corrupt Sheiks and FIFA (come on FBI, get a move on!) all have a special place reserved for them in Hell....next to Bill Archer naturally.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
At a certain stage in life it's time to develop a serious weed habit. **** it. **** 'em. **** it all.

I'm not there yet, no sir. It will happen though :lolol:

Hmmmm, did my fair share in my teens/early 20's . . . . . Looking forward to retirement!

I got bored shitless by 2004 . . . Magoo did it for me, Gave up my ST, I was doing other things, inc family . . .. l paid little attention for 5 years, then eased back in gently. All change, and whilst generally for the 'better' it's not all.

A massive thread about PPV . . . . ST holders are the minority, most of us can't get a ticket full stop, even if we can afford it. TV is the only option.

It's a double edged sword, we want good football, which means Money go round circus time . . . But we want old school , terracing , pay on the gate, road kill burgers ( actually not those) which is lower league. . .

I don't know what the answer is, In fact there isn't one. I will always support/follow BHAFC Have done since I was 7. How much we choose to follow/support is the variable for me. Giving up doesn't exist.

Ramble over!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hmmmm, did my fair share in my teens/early 20's . . . . . Looking forward to retirement!

I got bored shitless by 2004 . . . Magoo did it for me, Gave up my ST, I was doing other things, inc family . . .. l paid little attention for 5 years, then eased back in gently. All change, and whilst generally for the 'better' it's not all.

A massive thread about PPV . . . . ST holders are the minority, most of us can't get a ticket full stop, even if we can afford it. TV is the only option.

It's a double edged sword, we want good football, which means Money go round circus time . . . But we want old school , terracing , pay on the gate, road kill burgers ( actually not those) which is lower league. . .

I don't know what the answer is, In fact there isn't one. I will always support/follow BHAFC Have done since I was 7. How much we choose to follow/support is the variable for me. Giving up doesn't exist.

Ramble over!

Top rant :bowdown:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
For many years I’ve been saying that I’m never watching the Albion again, usually at 5pm on a Saturday after we have lost.
Monday..... I can’t wait for Saturday to see the Albion.:rolleyes:

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I gave up on football a long time ago. This will be (and was before Covid ****ing 19) my last season as a ST holder. I like sports and cricket is fast becoming my new drug. Nobody cares or remembers but I’ve said it before, reaching the premier league fulfilled the dream but killed the passion, a light went out... I will continue to follow but I’ve had enough now. As PB said himself. We are customers now.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I gave up on football a long time ago. This will be (and was before Covid ****ing 19) my last season as a ST holder. I like sports and cricket is fast becoming my new drug. Nobody cares or remembers but I’ve said it before, reaching the premier league fulfilled the dream but killed the passion, a light went out... I will continue to follow but I’ve had enough now. As PB said himself. We are customers now.

This . . . The mid 90's we were part of the club, frankly if if wasn't for supporters and their actions then, there wouldn't be a club now. The passion in some respects went for me when I felt the club was safe . . . . Ie 2005 ish when PP and Falmer was confirmed. The club was safe. The rest is just a few games of football, which really isn't that important in the grand scheme of life.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think the time to give up, is when Barber bans the taking on urns to the Amex, as I may not be able to get to the game then, otherwise I'm not giving up.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Watched too many games at the theatre of tress and spent far too many hours travelling to the Norff to give up now. No chance!

Others welcome to, I guess.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Read the shit I got over the last 2 days for defending the club :shrug:

If you think it was the club’s idea to price the games at fifteen quid and set kick off times at Monday-still-working then you’re naive, and I know you’re not. You’re defending a big business shitting on the working man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
In my experience, people who lose interest in football aren't going to announce it, they'll just... drift away.

I have a close friend who was a massive Arsenal fan (Highbury season ticket holder) and England (went to Italia 90). Very knowledgable on the 90s' game..

He fell out of love when Arsenal moved to the Emirates, and the team lost its English core. Coincided with him getting married and having kids, admitedly.

Now goes very occasionally, when invited (well, did). He didn't watch any matches on TV during project restart.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you think it was the club’s idea to price the games at fifteen quid and set kick off times at Monday-still-working then you’re naive, and I know you’re not. You’re defending a big business shitting on the working man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No indeed. Not the club's idea. Of course not.

So what would be your plan?

Every October I see the leaves fall off my plum tree, but I doubt they'd stay on if I shouted really loudly, or refused to mow the lawn.

Are you bracketing in The Albion with the Big Business you feel are emptying their colons on us? Is are the Albion just a ManU gimp?

Anyway, the working man can find his opium wherever the price is least. My football club represents more than opium for working men to me.

I'd love to be in a pub with you, now arguing the toss and eventually reaching a concensus. Yah booing on NSC is a poor substitute. :shrug:

With best wishes, as always :thumbsup:.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here