Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Given that the Liverpool, Palace or West Ham games didn't sell out

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Trouble with ticket exchange is that it is open to abuse. What is the clubs responsibility regarding tickets falling into the wrong hands, banned supporters, away fans? That needs to be 100% watertight, and as very few clubs offer such a scheme I guess it is a difficult thing to do. No doubt it will happen, with plenty of caveats on those who offer it, and use it, it has to be very carefully planned and worded. Id imagine that when it is in place, it will probably be revolutionary, and unlike anything else out there. For now I just ask around if I can't go, or need an extra ticket, it worked for the Withdean seasons, seems to work ok now too :SHRUG:

Oh, and didn't those games sell out anyway? OP trying to stir something up?

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Trouble with ticket exchange is that it is open to abuse. What is the clubs responsibility regarding tickets falling into the wrong hands, banned supporters, away fans? That needs to be 100% watertight, and as very few clubs offer such a scheme I guess it is a difficult thing to do. No doubt it will happen, with plenty of caveats on those who offer it, and use it, it has to be very carefully planned and worded. Id imagine that when it is in place, it will probably be revolutionary, and unlike anything else out there. For now I just ask around if I can't go, or need an extra ticket, it worked for the Withdean seasons, seems to work ok now too :shrug:

Old football shirts and classic soccer jerseys from around the world.

Sorry, don't understand where you're coming from.

The Club will be told (by you) that you do not require your ST for that game.

WHEN, and only when, all of the non ST seats have been sold (ie the game is a Sell out) the CLUB will be responsible for selling on your ticket to someone registed on the club database.

I have no idea what the split will be money wise, but if it puts more bums on seats, that's fine by me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Trouble with ticket exchange is that it is open to abuse. What is the clubs responsibility regarding tickets falling into the wrong hands, banned supporters, away fans? That needs to be 100% watertight, and as very few clubs offer such a scheme I guess it is a difficult thing to do. No doubt it will happen, with plenty of caveats on those who offer it, and use it, it has to be very carefully planned and worded. Id imagine that when it is in place, it will probably be revolutionary, and unlike anything else out there. For now I just ask around if I can't go, or need an extra ticket, it worked for the Withdean seasons, seems to work ok now too :SHRUG:

Oh, and didn't those games sell out anyway? OP trying to stir something up?

No idea where the OP was coming from, but in the grander scheme of things the Ticket Exchange could be easily regulated shirley? As an STH who couldn't make a game, you'd hand in your ticket (online or via a call/visit to the ticket office) for a particular game, maybe with a sliding scale of charges depending on how much notice you gave, then that ticket would become available for purchase by any club-registered person in the normal way. I'm pretty sure there are enough such schemes up and running at other clubs for it not to be a problem. It'd just be a case of selecting the best-fit third-party package and deciding what tweaks the club wanted. Simples!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Attention seeking headline

Not at all Vegas, need to put together a potential testimonial year, very aware about the possibility of the Amex honeymoon period and just trying to gauge who fans would pay, in numbers, to watch in a friendly, as clearly there is a break even figure for an event of this nature

Last edited:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Good shout, but I think you'd have issues with the Police, when Kerry Mayo's committee looked for opponents for his the Sussex Police indicated that three of our potential suggestions Palace, Pompey and Celtic would be offically vetoed over crowd behaviour concerns.

Do Ajax have a hooligan problem?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sorry, don't understand where you're coming from.

The Club will be told (by you) that you do not require your ST for that game.

WHEN, and only when, all of the non ST seats have been sold (ie the game is a Sell out) the CLUB will be responsible for selling on your ticket to someone registed on the club database.

I have no idea what the split will be money wise, but if it puts more bums on seats, that's fine by me.

Ah, I see, my misunderstanding, an exchange the club runs, not the ability for fans to sell/exchange on their own ticket. I guess then it it the logistics of setting up such a system that has taken the time, especially the financial aspect as you point out. The stadium has only been open for a few months, and within 5 months the club says it will have set this up, not that bad really then is it?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not at all Vegas, need to put together a potential testimonial year, very aware about the possibility of the Amex honeymoon period and just trying to gauge who fans would pay, in numbers, to watch in a friendly, as clearly there is a break even figure for an event of this nature

I think it would also depend on whom the testimonial is for. As there are many new fans who are either brand new or are goldstone veterans, both of these types for fans will have a much smaller interest in a recent players testimonial. With the chance to see a game at the amex fulfilled for many (esp. as we had the England game) as well this means less of a draw for those.

If, for example, it Danny Cullip, how many of the 17k would say "who"

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
you are full of crap

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So why did you say they "didn't sell out"? Did you genuinely miss all the 'Sold Out' notices on the club website (and other places) and just assumed that the no-shows equated to unsold tickets?

Anyway a testimonial is a different kettle of fish. It depends who it is for starters, but the general rule is 'the bigger the better'. However they've got to field relatively strong sides, no one wants to see a "Man U XI" for example full of kids and reserves.

EDIT: Just to add it also depends for whom the testimonial is being organised. If it's for one of the lesser lights then that could affect the attendance.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

If you put it on next Summer, no matter who the opposition is, or who the former player is, then you should prob count on an attendance of maybe no more than 14,000 or something. Which is double what you'd have got at Withdean. People have other stuff to do in the Summer and its essentially a meaningless friendly so IMHO you shouldn't raise your sights too high.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here