Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Give them time!

We have a squad made up of mostly new players and they need to gel. Tonight was unfortunate for the Albion as we caught a flourishing side in form, a good distance away on a Tuesday and to make matters worse are keeper was sent off.

Let's look at the broader picture. We have 43 league games left and a maximum of 129 points to take. We have played three league games and lost the first by a fluke, Come away with a hard fought draw in the second and tonight, It may be a gut wrenching defeat but the odds were stacked against us and if Kuipers was not sent off then possibly we could have gained a point.

Things have to change though! The tactics are to negative and each game follows the pattern of long balls for 30 minutes, then play some football for the last 15 or so, then come out in the second half and hoof it even further and expect Dickinson to take on four defenders and score.

MR BLOOM!!! We need to spend money on a good winger and a good creative midfielder. When "Monarch of the f*** wit Glenn" buggers off then we need a goal snatching, Loyd Owusu type player. White and Booker's position needs to come under some scrutiny and Butters and a return of Ian Chapman would be most welcome.

Most importantly KEEP THE FAITH. Sacking a manager after four games is a ridiculous way to run a professional football club. It forces you into making hasty decisions such as appointing Paul Lambert as Norwich manager and yeah with him in charge I am sure they will go far:shrug:

Support the team and most importantly Slade on Saturday oh and before I forget, Adam El-Abd is f***ing useless!!!

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Squad full of free transfers and players on the cheap. I knew it was too good to be true. Crawley Town? - Gillingham rejects.

f*** the play-offs we'll be settling for mid table.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
The one player who everyone wants to see on the pitch is Dicker, and there he sits, on the bench once again.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
We're going to be using this excuse of 'new players' and they 'have to gel' in December, guarantee it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Shame we haven't got Doug Loft any more. He knew how to gel.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Huddersfield have loads of new players as well and they have struggled....

to score 8 ( but with time and gelling they maybe wouldn't have hit the post, missed a penalty and had a shot saved off the line....)

Its funny how we need all of the time....

Slade WILL now be given money to spend and of that I am sure. We have desperately needed a good winger for about 5 years now and the situation is a f***ing joke. There is no creativity but I am fully backing Slade to sign both a winger and play maker. Four games is way to early to sack a manager. If Slade goes then all of my respect for Bloom goes out the window.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
At the end of the day, 10 men or not, theres no f***ing excuses to concede 7.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
We obviously need some more quality/experience in the team, especially in midfield and on the wing. The players seem to have the same inexperience and lack of commitment as the majority of last season.

Bloom is going to have to put some proper money into a few 'proven' players to help balance thing up, otherwise we are going to be in exactly the same situation as last year! The fans (including me) are seriously starting to get cheesed off with the same, predictable Brighton and with our new stadium close in sight we should be seriously putting money into a team ready to play there!!

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald
Seems we were doing quite well until El Abd's shocking back pass.... at which point the excrement really hit the air conditioning with not only a penalty but the sending off of Kuipers. Game Over. Taxi for El Abd... Please!
Why not play Tunnicliffe at LB?.... he can't be worse than El Abd, it'll give him good experience and we might even score from the long throw we keep hearing about.
And why isn't Dicker playing?.... WHY?
Things will get better, but only because they can't get worse.
Up the Albion.

seagull 58

Aug 18, 2009
Russell Slade worries me. He got lucky with Owusu hitting form and Forster last season. Forster is one of my favorite Albion players ever players. I wouldn't trust Slade to do my shoping at Tesco.

Russell Slade worries me. He got lucky with Owusu hitting form and Forster last season. Forster is one of my favorite Albion players ever players. I wouldn't trust Slade to do my shoping at Tesco.

Well judging by the size of his stomach then I would. Perhaps a Russel Slade game show where he darts around Safeway trying to find you deals and loading the bottomless "Russel Cart" with barrels of Pepper pigs, and a few Apple turnovers for the TV man.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We have a squad made up of mostly new players and they need to gel. Tonight was unfortunate for the Albion as we caught a flourishing side in form, a good distance away on a Tuesday and to make matters worse are keeper was sent off.

Let's look at the broader picture. We have 43 league games left and a maximum of 129 points to take. We have played three league games and lost the first by a fluke, Come away with a hard fought draw in the second and tonight, It may be a gut wrenching defeat but the odds were stacked against us and if Kuipers was not sent off then possibly we could have gained a point.

Things have to change though! The tactics are to negative and each game follows the pattern of long balls for 30 minutes, then play some football for the last 15 or so, then come out in the second half and hoof it even further and expect Dickinson to take on four defenders and score.

MR BLOOM!!! We need to spend money on a good winger and a good creative midfielder. When "Monarch of the f*** wit Glenn" buggers off then we need a goal snatching, Loyd Owusu type player. White and Booker's position needs to come under some scrutiny and Butters and a return of Ian Chapman would be most welcome.

Most importantly KEEP THE FAITH. Sacking a manager after four games is a ridiculous way to run a professional football club. It forces you into making hasty decisions such as appointing Paul Lambert as Norwich manager and yeah with him in charge I am sure they will go far:shrug:

Support the team and most importantly Slade on Saturday oh and before I forget, Adam El-Abd is f***ing useless!!!

Spot on post

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
If I hear the f***ing excuse 'the team needs to gel' one more time I'm actually going to flip. Fact of the matter is, every other team in league has 'gelled' better than us already, and if it wasn't for the fact that Southampton had been deducted 10 points at the beginning of the year then we'd be bottom of the league tonight.

How bloody long do they want to gel then? What the f*** do they do in training?! They all KNOW eachother, they probably all get on aswell. Pathetic excuse, one that doesn't even deserve to be considered as plausible.

If I hear the f***ing excuse 'the team needs to gel' one more time I'm actually going to flip. Fact of the matter is, every other team in league has 'gelled' better than us already, and if it wasn't for the fact that Southampton had been deducted 10 points at the beginning of the year then we'd be bottom of the league tonight.

How bloody long do they want to gel then? What the f*** do they do in training?! They all KNOW eachother, they probably all get on aswell. Pathetic excuse, one that doesn't even deserve to be considered as plausible.

The fact you think this argument is not plausible confirms there is yet another idiot on North Stand Chat.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton

I completely agree with this.

We should be starting Dicker anyway. That would mean 7/8 of the same team from last year. Other teams have gone through much more radical changes, like Huddersfield, and still managed to hit the ground running...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here