Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Give the ticket offices chaps PRAISE

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Drove in this morning from Eastbourne after the online service blew me out several times. Got in the shop 10:30am, que a mile long. (as expected) , Scottish Paul walks through the door a short time after, wet and cold after WALKING from Peacehaven I am told. Straight into his chair to serve the barrage of customers. To have to put up with all the DICKHEADS whinging and whining, and not to mention the tools who feel it necessary to sign up to white membership at the desk, despite prior knowledge and time to do so, AND serve EVERY customer with a smile despite all this.
Beyond the call of duty, the Scots hero and the curley haired companion deserve a pay rise for putting up with some of the pratts they have had over the last week or so.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I heard he walked from Africa, after stopping all poverty over their???

Midikilledmydog

Aug 20, 2006
Yeah don't doubt any of the above, but why are they unable to tie up White memberships purchased prior to this game with Fan club numbers

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
And left at about 10pm tonight! :thumbsup:

Amazing to think some people were accusing them of being lazy recently!

Pass on Compliments to the ticket staff insider please.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
when did u apply for white membership?

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
Feel really sorry for them. Was in the shop the other day, massive queue of people just asking 'Are the tickets in yet?' while the guy with the curly hair / glasses appeared to be answering the same question over and over on the phone, also overheard them say that even though they hadn't arrived, it would take a little bit of time as they have to count out by hand every single ticket to make sure they have received the full allocation :eek:
They really do a fantastic job with so few staff, problems with website etc, are not their fault yet they get the crap about it from the supporters.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have nothing but praise for the manner in which Paul McGowan does his job and as I have said in the past he is credit to the club and possibly the best thing to have come out of Scotland:lol:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
It is annoying people signing up to the AMS to get Villa tickets who haven't been to an away game yet.

They should be the last tier on the priority system, Gold, Blue, White AMS members then non-members.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Drove in this morning from Eastbourne after the online service blew me out several times. Got in the shop 10:30am, que a mile long. (as expected) , Scottish Paul walks through the door a short time after, wet and cold after WALKING from Peacehaven I am told. Straight into his chair to serve the barrage of customers. To have to put up with all the DICKHEADS whinging and whining, and not to mention the tools who feel it necessary to sign up to white membership at the desk, despite prior knowledge and time to do so, AND serve EVERY customer with a smile despite all this.
Beyond the call of duty, the Scots hero and the curley haired companion deserve a pay rise for putting up with some of the pratts they have had over the last week or so.

Couldn't agree more, I was in the shop about 11.00am & the staff were very helpful, does piss you off though when people got to the front & then join the AMS:tantrum:. why should they get a ticket before myself? when they have clearly never been to an away game. they should be sent away to fill in the form & told to come back the next day.

Michael1979

Jan 6, 2010
I had an e-mail from Rowan at the ticket office timed at half eight last night. How they manage to continue to be so polite and helpful is beyond me, I would have been tearing my hair out by now.

They really do deserve a lot of credit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've got mixed feelings about the club and its ticketing. I do feel sorry for the staff but selling tickets is one of the fundamental things a football club does. Put a team out, and sell tickets for the game. This is what it all boils down to. In all my time being a Brighton fan they have never ever been on top of selling tickets. Going back to the days at the Goldstone in the 80s my season ticket used to have multiple tickets for some games and be missing others. And ever since there have always been problems of some sort. But, as I say, the staff do the best they can and I have a lot of time for that Scottish bloke in the office.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here