Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Give Rents a chance

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
i would hope we can , last year we bid big amounts for players , we havent broke the bank in the summer and we now hoave money from a cup run , including 250k potential if we can win on sat.......finances for a couple of players shouldnt be a problem if we can find them

as for gatting, he's been shit at almost every opportunity and by all accounts was poor for woking....he is not the answer.

as for chamberlain - no idea

money wise i guess neither of us kno, i just see the savage thing and think finances must be getting tighter with the stadium cost increasing.

what i have seen of gatting yes i agree but its like any player give him a few games now after learning a bit about the game at his 1st attempt. maybe given a run now he can start to do what he has done in reserves and youth. chaimberlain i have only seen him once or twice for youth and 1st team and he looks ok. heard good things about him but also eard he has a bit of a attitude. know he went to school with lynch and he seems more grounded than chamberlain leading to his success and chaimberlains failure...

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Personally I'm not sure Rents is really good enough, which is a real shame as I saw him last season a few times and thought he could turn into a decent player. Maybe it's the fault of Wilkins, who should have given him more of a chance last season, but Rents against Millwall was very poor. Maybe if he was able to go out on loan and get some more experience rather than sitting on the bench he would become a better player fast, as I did think he had potential, but unfortunately we need him at the moment as cover.

His problem is he's far too lightweight, and it's not just his physical attributes, it's his general quality as a player. You can see that at the moment he is an attacking winger's dream as if you run at him he looks nervous. To be fair, against Millwall he was given very little cover by the even more atrocious Jake Robinson, whose defensive abilities must be a serious concern, but unless he can become a more dominant presence then Rents will never be a solid full-back.

He still has time, but it is running out, and I would hope that he gets the support and coaching which will allow him to keep himself in consideration for a place as he could be a decent player for us.

Against Bournemouth I have to admit, based on El-Abd's performance I think he was a more sensible choice than Rents. Maybe in the long run it isn't a good idea just moving your more versatile players round to fit in a team rather than bringing in a young natural left back, but in the short term I'd be more comfortable with El-Abd in that position. Richards would be even better, but he isn't coming back to Brighton.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I don't understand why everyone raves about Cobbs because he's good for the reserves, yet slates Loft when he's equally good. It's not as if Loft has had a real chance in the first team

:shrug:

As for left back - i am deadly serious when i say i'd rather Mayo at left back than El-Abd. But Rents would do

Nicky Rust

Jan 3, 2008
Hove
Rents looks like a sound footballer whos natural position aint left-back considering his best attributes are set-pieces and crossing give wilkins time to develop his game so we dont get another Millwall performance and one day see something better than an Egyptian international at left back!!!

Give Gatting a chance!!! Whats Robinsons goals per game ratio? let alone the amount of GOOD games Revells played who is dependant on others to look good!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I would try Rents on the left of midfield. It would be good to have a left footer there and he has proved that he can cross the ball. Cox is having a poor season and we really do need a left footed player on the left wing.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I don't understand why everyone raves about Cobbs because he's good for the reserves, yet slates Loft when he's equally good. It's not as if Loft has had a real chance in the first team

:shrug:

As for left back - i am deadly serious when i say i'd rather Mayo at left back than El-Abd. But Rents would do

Cobbs has the attributes to be a strong defender already.

Loft seems to be like David Lee, looks good in fairly non competitive football, but when he plays in the league he seems to freeze and the game passes him by.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Loft seems to be like David Lee, looks good in fairly non competitive football, but when he plays in the league he seems to freeze and the game passes him by.

Agreed. For BG to say he's not a footballer is absolute BOLLOCKS. His footballing ability cannot be questioned, it's his physicality and his mental ability that are questionable. This can also be said for Rents by the way.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I would try Rents on the left of midfield. It would be good to have a left footer there and he has proved that he can cross the ball. Cox is having a poor season and we really do need a left footed player on the left wing.
Agreed. Been saying it for a while actually. Rents is a really good little footballer, has a really sweet left foot, his crossing and set pieces are as good as anyone we have. But he's not big, strong, or particularly quick, defensively I can hardly remember him making a tackle. I think he'd be ok at a lot of home matches, Mansfield he'd be fine, but away from home or against better players (like Bournemouth's Gradel) he is not that convincing. Although El-Abd is hardly the answer there either.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Drop Hammond To Central Defence Alongside Guy, Lynch And Whing Too. Cox In Central Midfield With Hart, Rents And Loft On The Wing And Revell And Elder Upfront. Bring Kerry Back As An Impact Player.

Now That's A Team.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Drop Hammond To Central Defence Alongside Guy, Lynch And Whing Too. Cox In Central Midfield With Hart, Rents And Loft On The Wing And Revell And Elder Upfront. Bring Kerry Back As An Impact Player.

Now That's A Team.

Hilarious. :thud:

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Now I know you are on a wind up.

You're Really Winding Me Up You f***ing Idiot. Are You Stalking Me Or What? Go f*** Off If You Don't Like My Posts. Bet You Think You Own This Board. Tosser.

Hilarious. :thud:

Yeah, You f***ing Are. Think That The Little Yellow Bloke Falling Down Is Scary Eh? I'm Supposed To Be Intimidated. Save Your Bullying For Some Other Sap. I'm Surprised Sensible Posters Like Yorkie Dare Post Anything With Cyber Bullies Like You.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
You're Really Winding Me Up You f***ing Idiot. Are You Stalking Me Or What? Go f*** Off If You Don't Like My Posts. Bet You Think You Own This Board. Tosser.

Not stalking just amazed at what you are suggesting.

Your team has rather a lot of players out of position.

Hammond has not played centre back since he was in the stiffs. Hart has never played central midfield. Lynch is a centre back, not a left back. Elder and Loft have done nothing to suggest they are going to make it. It was the Mayo suggestion that makes me think you are on the wind up.

Oh and cut down on the abuse, there's a good little boy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here