Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Give Blood. Please.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Did it for the first time last year, but then went to Africa in December, so got another month or so to wait till I can give again. Looking forward to trying to beat my time of 3 minutes 47 seconds - oh and the tea and biscuits of course

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
I went and did it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I was surprised by the relatively narrow age range of people giving blood. The vast majority of the people there were above their 40s at least I'd say, with only one or two around my age (early 20s). I suspect that a lot of older people have had experience of someone in their lives needing a blood transfusion, hence why they now give blood as they see how it can save someones life.

But why don't more young people do it? Why didn't I do it before now? There isn't a reason really and I wish I'd started going a few years earlier. It only takes, what, half hour of your time, hardly hurts at all and yet could save a life. It would be good if in some way more younger people could be encouraged to do it.

Well said, and I think you're right about why did it take so long to do it personally. I think when you're young you don't think you'll ever get sick and it happens to other people. Then as you age, you sorta change your thinking. Well I think that's what happened to me anyway.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
The Misses and I both gave our last "armfull" on Monday night. They prefer hers to mine as she is O- whilst I am A+, still if I ever need any I will have less problems!!

If you have never done it; go do it. It is easy, you meet interesting friendly people, nurses (vampires!) and get a nice cuppa and bisuits.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I give blood regularly. I very simple thing to do for the greater good. May have given a bit much yesterday though, pic of me after....

Lifeforce.jpg

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I go to Shoreham and just turn up. THere's always going to be gaps and if you're sat there, they're not going to turn you away.

I don't always have My car and live in Worthing. They do sessions just up the road from Me. I book My appointments in advance and is normally ok.
25th time for Me, I think I get a little badge for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here