Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Give 3 reasons why we've been relegated

Lush

Mods' Pet
Yeah yeah 1. McGhee 2. McGhee 3. McGhee but apart from that...

1.The players aren't good enough for the Championship. Sorry but they just aren't. NONE of them would have got in Readings side. Or even the Ipswich side come to that. We've got good players who've been great servants but are coming to the end of their careers in this div (Chippy, Guy) we've bought lightweights (Carole, Frutos, CKR) and we've got inexperienced young players who are still learning their trade (Lynch, El Abd, Hinsh) or have lost confidence (Hammond, Jakey)

2. We haven't had a vocal captain on the pitch all season. Where's the passion, the fire, the leading from the front? And I think this partly because McGhee doesn't like strong characters. He has created a team of nice polite yes men who "do their best". He needs to be in total charge. Bob Booker virtually seems to curtsey at his feet. Anyone who stands up for themselves is got rid of.

3. McGhee just doesn't inspire confidence in the players or the fans. He doesn't have the quiet tactical nous of Coppell - where there's a game plan that the players have confidence in because they know it's been well thought out. Or the passion of Mickey.

Right - got that out of my system....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lush is the Sage of NSC.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Lush said:
Yeah yeah 1. McGhee 2. McGhee 3. McGhee but apart from that...

1.The players aren't good enough for the Championship. Sorry but they just aren't. NONE of them would have got in Readings side. Or even the Ipswich side come to that. We've got good players who've been great servants but are coming to the end of their careers in this div (Chippy, Guy) we've bought lightweights (Carole, Frutos, CKR) and we've got inexperienced young players who are still learning their trade (Lynch, El Abd, Hinsh) or have lost confidence (Hammond, Jakey)

2. We haven't had a vocal captain on the pitch all season. Where's the passion, the fire, the leading from the front? And I think this partly because McGhee doesn't like strong characters. He has created a team of nice polite yes men who "do their best". He needs to be in total charge. Bob Booker virtually seems to curtsey at his feet. Anyone who stands up for themselves is got rid of.

3. McGhee just doesn't inspire confidence in the players or the fans. He doesn't have the quiet tactical nous of Coppell - where there's a game plan that the players have confidence in because they know it's been well thought out. Or the passion of Mickey.

Right - got that out of my system....

I dont think i could realy say anything better than that.

Totaly sums it all up realy.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
1. Lack of insperation
2. Lack of skill
3. Lack of players good enough for this level.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
1) did not get the results against the poor teams in our division ( nothing unusual there as we always seem to do badly against poor sides.)
2) having to sell our best players all the time.
3) no cash to get in the players we needed to.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
1. You're absolutely shite
2. You have a pi55 poor manager
3. You bottled it when you had a decent chance of surviving

Last edited:

Ccider

Jul 28, 2004
50:51:35N 0:08:58W
1. Our forwards didn't score enough goals
2. The midfield couldn't get/hold the ball
3. The midfield couldn't pass the ball to our forwards

The defence, surprisingly, was on a par with a lower mid-table side.

:(

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
1) Greg Stanley/Bill Archer
2) Withdean and all its concomitant side effects including lack of purchasing power in the transfer market, atmosphere, the forced sale of quality players
3) Poor signing - 'Old gits' like Kitson, Rodger and Dodd who were vaunted as experienced but turned out to be dead weight, and too many 'up and coming' players without battleground experience.

The first and second are not down to McGhee. For the third you can blame both Coppell but largely McGhee.

Overall though, we could have got out of it if we hadn't thrown away all those points during our barren run - 1 win and a draw would have made so much difference, and the pressure would have been on Wednesday, not us, today.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Fragmented Badger said:

2) McGhee's failure to drop any of the underperforming older players.

Ok, I'll accept most points on here, but one thing McGhee has done is drop under-performing(in his view) older players. Knight, Kuipers, Mayo, OGH, Reid and probably mot of them at one point or another....

Anyway,

'We are going up, said we are going up!!!!'
(2006/07 Championes)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here