Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Giroud?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I'm not a personal friend of his, or know anyone remotely connected to him but I could tell you this wasn't happening. To clear things up for everyone, we also won't be signing Messi or Ronaldo.

Wasn’t a look at me post, just trying to add some
Genuine fact based comment on another ridiculous rumour.

Have a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I know we've got no chance of landing him, but I do find it amazing that anyone would think Giroud would NOT improve us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know we've got no chance of landing him, but I do finding it amazing that anyone would think Giroud would NOT improve us.

The guy is shitehouse, no even a footballer.
I'll be boooooooing him during the warm up.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I know we've got no chance of landing him, but I do find it amazing that anyone would think Giroud would NOT improve us.

You’re right of course.

But think about it like this. The last time we got a “big name” player on loan was Wayne Bridge, so that’s our most recent memory of having a top loan signing.

Now that was a spectacular success, but not representative. Much more often when those players go on loan somewhere they are looking to go through the motions and string out their high wages for as long as possible.

I’m struggling to think of a mega-wage top level player the other side of 30 who has ever gone into a relegation fight on loan and been a success. I can think of plenty who’ve had phantom injuries, bottled every 50/50, ate up the wage bill and barely even shrugged when the team have gone down.

I wouldn’t be dancing from the roof tops until I’d seen him play.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Wasn’t a look at me post, just trying to add some
Genuine fact based comment on another ridiculous rumour.

Have a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, I was having a particularly rubbish morning at work, and on reflection that was particularly grumpy reply from me. Sorry about that.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
SOOO much better than anyone we have got as well, he would be absolutely perfect for us, but why the hell would a full International of one of the World’s best national sides have any interest in coming to a relegation struggling team? On low wages in comparison to any other world class striker too.

To dismiss him as too old and too has been is frankly astonishing!
I doubt wages would be an issue - if on loan we surely wouldn't be paying all his wages anyway. Apart from that, I agree that there is no chance of him coming here. Would be great for a half season loan though .................. but I won't even bother dreaming.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
You’re right of course.

But think about it like this. The last time we got a “big name” player on loan was Wayne Bridge, so that’s our most recent memory of having a top loan signing.

Now that was a spectacular success, but not representative. Much more often when those players go on loan somewhere they are looking to go through the motions and string out their high wages for as long as possible.

I’m struggling to think of a mega-wage top level player the other side of 30 who has ever gone into a relegation fight on loan and been a success. I can think of plenty who’ve had phantom injuries, bottled every 50/50, ate up the wage bill and barely even shrugged when the team have gone down.

Jermain Defoe at Sunderland, although that might have been a perm move. His goals kept them up that year.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You’re right of course.

He wants out of Chelsea because he wants to play his way into the France squad for the Euros. With that in mind, I think he'd put the effort in. His £110k a week wages would cost us around £1.5m over the rest of the season - if he helped keep us up, that would probably be the best money the club has ever spent.

Its a non-starter anyway, he'll have far better offers than BHA to consider. If he was open to it though, we'd be idiots not to take him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He wants out of Chelsea because he wants to play his way into the France squad for the Euros. With that in mind, I think he'd put the effort in. His £110k a week wages would cost us around £1.5m over the rest of the season - if he helped keep us up, that would probably be the best money the club has ever spent.

Its a non-starter anyway, he'll have far better offers than BHA to consider. If he was open to it though, we'd be idiots not to take him.

Which is why it’s a shame that, as far as I’m aware, we are totally lacking in a charismatic outgoing enthusiastic high up employee who could massage his ego and SELL the magic of playing for the Albion. After all we have state of the art everything....off the pitch.

Do we actually possess such a man at the Albion?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Which is why it’s a shame that, as far as I’m aware, we are totally lacking in a charismatic outgoing enthusiastic high up employee who could massage his ego and SELL the magic of playing for the Albion.

I Thought that was in the Ashworth job description

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Which is why it’s a shame that, as far as I’m aware, we are totally lacking in a charismatic outgoing enthusiastic high up employee who could massage his ego and SELL the magic of playing for the Albion.

275px-Kerry_Mayo.jpg

The obvious choice.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Ludicrous. He's a top, top, top class player. The only reason we're even getting close to a sniff is due to his age, but his wage demands would probably be at least double what we'd offer.

I'd be bloody delighted if we got Giroud.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Ludicrous. He's a top, top, top class player. The only reason we're even getting close to a sniff is due to his age, but his wage demands would probably be at least double what we'd offer.

You're right. He's got a ****ing world cup winners medal and played in every game!

He's a CL level forward.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

As mentionded, his £110k a week would cost us about £1.5m for the rest of this season.

No.
Brainer.

And he'd be playing up top with a fellow frenchy. Whats not to like ?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
As mentionded, his £110k a week would cost us about £1.5m for the rest of this season.

No.
Brainer.

Could offer him (or any other similar player) significantly less than £110k a week, but if we stay up a bonus so the total amount payed is significantly above £1.5m. Everyone would win if we stay up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

No.
Brainer.

It's a complete no brainer. But as you say, even if we offer that he'll probably go to someone bigger/better than us anyhow.

Because it's ****ing Olivier Giroud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here