Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

gIRLFRIEND Issues

Lush

Mods' Pet
Why are people so scared of being on their own that they stay in relationships that don't make them happy?

Just leave. Go back to where you know, visit the pubs you used to go to and get back in touch with people. Or go and live somewhere completely new - could be anywhere you've always fancied living - and start again.

Life really is too short to waste.

larus

I think all women are head cases !!

Obviously some more than others.

I think that is a very unfair statement. As I've got older, I think I can realise much more that it must be so difficult for women with the hormonal change they go though every month. It's very east to laugh and take the piss, but I know that I wouldn't want to suffer those mood swings through no fault of my own.

Going back to the original point, there's no point being with someone if they don't make you happy. Yes, there's always the initial lust/fun stage, but once you get beyond this and it gets to normal living, then a relationship needs to be mutually beneficial.

Have you considered the possibility that your actions may be part of the cause. She has needs/feelings which you should consider. Do you make her feel loved and valued? This isn't achieved by sex and saying "I love you". It's the small actions of doing things for her and making her feel special. This is required by both parties to keep a relationship alive.

There are so many people who are in relationships who are really unhappy but feel trapped. A relationship should enhance both lives, not suck the life from one person or the other. Take an honest look at what you bring to the relationship before you lay the blame on her shoulders completely.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Why are people so scared of being on their own that they stay in relationships that don't make them happy?

My point exactly - there is no shame in being single - in fact it is bloody great :yahoo:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I know how you feel mate.

Im the same....I met a girl only been with her 8 months or so..I love her but im just not happy. She is moody,angry and controlling and as much as I do she aint ever happy.

Its so hard to know the right thing to do..your head and everyone about is saying go and leave, give up and finish it, but your heart is saying stay it out....fight for her,.....maybe things will change.

I moved from manchester back down south and personally I think if im with her in 6 months I will be very surprised. But my advise is what im doing now...

Take it back to basics.......weigh everything up and see whether there is enough there to keep going. If not then courage is what must be done...to walk...ive never split up with anyone and hate the thought of it...but it seems the only issue if its that bad for you mate...easier said than done though hey.

The pair of you grow some BALLS!!!!!!

Staypuft

Sep 21, 2006
Lewes
just leave one day, leaving an enigmatic note that leaves her to question your sanity. Then if your new single life doesnt work out you can go back claiming temporary madness.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The longer you leave it, then the worst it will get. Get out now and start again before you end up hating each other, no one will win that way. As some have said there is nothing wrong with being on your own have fun.

Before you leave her though ask if she has any mates up for a 3-some, never fails to sort the relationship out one way or another.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My girlfriend is a f***ing headcase, and I don't enjoy her company any more. But we've together three years and I moved the length of the country to live with her.. what should I do?

I'd try talking to her about how you feel. It might help, if you can't work things out then it's time to go. Good luck:thumbsup:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I'd cut ya losses and kill ya self :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here