Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Girl, 1, dies after dog attack in Crawley

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Shocking. What's also shocking is the fact she had to be taken to the A&E at Redhill a reasonable distance away, it must cost lives a having to make that journey?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Shocking. What's also shocking is the fact she had to be taken to the A&E at Redhill a reasonable distance away, it must cost lives a having to make that journey?

All emergency cases from Crawley go to the NESH, they have done for years.

On a blue light run you can easily do it in a few minutes, trust me. It's probably a shorter trip than someone from Haywards Heath being rushed to the RSCH in Brighton.

Feb 23, 2010
Same age as my little girl, a tragedy.
Now for all the Crawley haters, Broadfield is f***ing shit. Very much like Whitehawk.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
All emergency cases from Crawley go to the NESH, they have done for years.

On a blue light run you can easily do it in a few minutes, trust me. It's probably a shorter trip than someone from Haywards Heath being rushed to the RSCH in Brighton.

You would certainly know better than me, just always seemed a little strange a town the size of Crawley (66th biggest in England) doesn't have it's own A&E but as you point out there are much longer journeys for other areas.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You would certainly know better than me, just always seemed a little strange a town the size of Crawley (66th biggest in England) doesn't have it's own A&E but as you point out there are much longer journeys for other areas.

It has a hospital, but trauma cases all go to NESH. Presumably it comes down to the cost of proper emergency units versus the response time.

I know when they call ambulances to Gatwick they're usually pretty quick. And the NESH is basically straight up the A23 from Crawley so it's not as bad as it sounds.

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
Doesn't the charge of manslaughter imply there was some intent to harm the girl , as opposed to negligently having a dangerous dog which unexpectedly attacked her ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Doesn't the charge of manslaughter imply there was some intent to harm the girl , as opposed to negligently having a dangerous dog which unexpectedly attacked her ?

No. Manslaughter falls into two categories: by unlawful act; or by gross negligence.

Like, for example, leaving a dog alone in a room with a baby maybe (a mere hypothesis by the way. I know nothing about the case in question).

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I know the owner.Hope he goes down for this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here