Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gin

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If you want a high end crafted Gin you should try this.

Adnams First Rate Gin from their Copper House distillery.

adnams-first-rate-gin-taste-test-review-200.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Any gin in a coloured bottle is hiding something, it's not crystal clear, so the makers put it in coloured glass. Go for gin in a clear bottle, that's what a master distiller told me once.

What about the 'value' bottles from supermarkets? Never tasted 'em, but I'm guessing they're not great...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Took me years to realise that what I didn't like about a G&T was the T, not the G :lolol:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Any gin in a coloured bottle is hiding something, it's not crystal clear, so the makers put it in coloured glass. Go for gin in a clear bottle, that's what a master distiller told me once.

Tesco's Blue Stripe?.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Bombay, but it has to be export stuff, not 40 per cent rubbish!

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I like a drop of Gordons.

I bought a bottle of organic gin at Xmas, I thought the bottle looked nice (can't remember the name of it), but I didn't like it one bit. I did the same for Sloe Gin, I thought ... it's Gin, it's fruity, what's not to like, but I was wrong. I hated it.

Sloe Gin is the business. Had some home made stuff at my mum and dads one Xmas a couple of Xmas's ago and loved it so me and 'The War Office' made our own last year. Bit of a ball ache picking the things but well worth it in my mind

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Plymouth for me,but as has been said the tonic is very important too!

That'll be in a clear bottle then :thumbsup:

Bombay, but it has to be export stuff, not 40 per cent rubbish!

Did you know that the export stuff is exactly the same as the 40% rubbish. Basically, after the distillation process they have a really stong spirit which they call Export, and of course for shipping purposes it is cheaper %by% to send (export) than a bottle of 40%. They add water to the strong stuff to make the 40% rubbish which is then sold generally in the domestic market. Drinkers in far away lands take their export and 'dilute' it with tonic, or whatever takes their fancy, to a drinkable level.

Much the same as with malt whiskey, you might buy a bottle of cask strength Macallan, or 'as we get it' Glenfarclas, but only an uneducated drinker would drink it at 50-60%, to enjoy it properly you add a little water, effectively bringing it down closer to the 40% mark at which malt becomes most flavoursome.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Be honest, by the time you've added ice and a slice and a bottle of tonic, can you REALLY tell the difference? ???

I tend not to have fizzy drink in my gin. Straight from the freezer, neat, over ice, perhaps with a squeeze of lemon juice.

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The people at The Plymouth Gin Distillary will be very dissapointed so far, I know nothing about Gin as I dont drink it, but it is supposed to be very good.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My mother always liked Booths, which you don't seem to see much of now but I prefer Tanqueray when I can get it in a pub. At home I have any that is available or on offer in the supermarket of the proprietary brands.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sloe Gin is the business. Had some home made stuff at my mum and dads one Xmas a couple of Xmas's ago and loved it so me and 'The War Office' made our own last year. Bit of a ball ache picking the things but well worth it in my mind

Tried making Sloe Gin once with a friend, created a beverage that was like weapons grade Creme De Cassis .... marvelous

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here