Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gillingham First Goal

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Corker of a goal and think the player was surprised it went in judging by his reaction of disbelief.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what happened with the SECOND goal?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It seemed to be almost a carbon copy of the Westlake challenge and he got a yellow?

I am not quite sure about the Gillingham goal. It was very Shepherd & Dog Sussex Public House Invitation League stuff. I think Kuipers spilled the ball and it bounced about a bit before being slammed in. I await to be corrected, as I was in the E block, so didn't have a great view of it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It seemed to be almost a carbon copy of the Westlake challenge and he got a yellow?

I am not quite sure about the Gillingham goal. It was very Shepherd & Dog Sussex Public House Invitation League stuff. I think Kuipers spilled the ball and it bounced about a bit before being slammed in. I await to be corrected, as I was in the E block, so didn't have a great view of it.

No definitely went straight in

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Westlake tackle was one footed, their players tackle was 2 feet over the top of the ball.

Have to say if the referee had reacted straight away Westlake would have got a red as well, good thing there was a little "scene"

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
1st goal was a great strike, don't know about their player being suprised but Kuipers was certainly caught out.
FDM was certainly at fault for their second, completely missing the corner.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
first pikey goal was class, just a whack from range and dipped in nicely, their second was a flap from kuipers then confusion as the defenders had to wake up from playing scrabble.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Have to say if the referee had reacted straight away Westlake would have got a red as well, good thing there was a little "scene"

I'm not convinced Westlake's booking was even a foul in the first place. I thought he won the ball, and the ball knocked the bloke over - followed by theatrical scream. Their bench bought the booking for him.

I was stunningly amazed when he somehow managed to get up again. :rolleyes:

I thought their first red card was kind of borderline yellow/red. It was late and it was two-footed, thought it wasn't Robbie Savage mental.

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
First goal was described on the radio as best goal you will see down the Withdean this year:ohmy:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm not convinced Westlake's booking was even a foul in the first place. I thought he won the ball, and the ball knocked the bloke over - followed by theatrical scream. Their bench bought the booking for him.

I was stunningly amazed when he somehow managed to get up again. :rolleyes:

Do you really think the first was a straight red though ?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
First goal - Kuipers was out of position, but it was a SCREAMER.

Second goal, Michel dropped it, their blokes shot was blocked and the rebound put away.

Straight red? Two footed, didn't get ball. Definitely deserved.

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
There was very little reaction from the south stand for the first red card which is strange 'cos normally they are the first lot up.
Reff saw studs up i guess?!?!:shrug:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
refs are going to be twitchy since the eduardo incident, and anything that resembles a tackle like the one taylor produced is going to get a far greater reaction from the ref than it would have done 2 weeks ago

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
refs are going to be twitchy since the eduardo incident, and anything that resembles a tackle like the one taylor produced is going to get a far greater reaction from the ref than it would have done 2 weeks ago

Just as well we sold Hammond when we did then.

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
Very true.
After seeing something like that happen though you can't really blaime them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here