Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gifton Noel Williams SIGNS

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Great news, unfortunately we are still 8 players short of a decent team and doomed already. I admire peoples optimism but GNW aint going to save us from relegation.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
XooX said:
Great news, unfortunately we are still 8 players short of a decent team and doomed already. I admire peoples optimism but GNW aint going to save us from relegation.

Disagree. We've got a WELL decent defence, it's just that our lack of any sort of a credible strike-force means the defence are on the back foot for all of the game, every game, and that means they're going to concede goals. Doesn't make them not decent tho.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Tom Hark said:
Disagree. We've got a WELL decent defence, it's just that our lack of any sort of a credible strike-force means the defence are on the back foot for all of the game, every game, and that means they're going to concede goals. Doesn't make them not decent tho.

the midfield offer no protection to the back four plus the lacf of the left back is a huge problem and has cost games this year.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
All we need, as Carole and Frutos are both knackered (according to Sky Sports I think) is play Hammond on the right, Kerry on the left, with Chip and Nicolas central. That's the midfield sorted (or maybe not). The defence doesn't need much work, as the midfield won't be pushing so far forward with that line-up.

(Blimey my first football thread!!!!!!)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
----------Henderson---------
Dodd--McShane--Butters/Hinsh--Lynch
Carole--Carpenter--Hammond--Frutos
------------CKR------------------------------
------------------GNW----------------

Looks a decent team to me. Main problem is the central midfield.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I wonder who was the first one on here to mention that he was coming???? Cough, cough.:wave:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Silent Bob said:

Im sure Mcghee is hoping todays signing can do something about that.

Silent Bob said:

I think from McGhee's comments today one of the Frenchies is going to get a rest, probably Frutos given his ball-watching for the QPR goal. I don't think Frutie will mind, he gave an intreview recently on SCR where he implied he was surprised he had so many starts this year (possibly they rotate more in France to keep players fresh).

Now we have a targetman, we can fortress up the midfield like we did last year when we played off Virgo.

That's why this signing is so vital, it also sorts out other problem areas of the team.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I am f***ing shocked. If Dodd stays fit and MM sorts out that centre of midfield you never know....

Still whatever happens it has certainly renewed my enthusiasm .

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Good signing... too late... I hope I'm very wrong about the latter...

AJ's Love Monkey said:
Well your argument is flawed already mate 2 goals in 17 appearances doesnt smack of a "10-15" goal a season man does it? :rolleyes:
Look at his previous two seasons on Soccerbase, 23 for Stoke.

Woodchip said:
I'm sure he'll be ace, and score more goals then Butters. ;)
Good edit! ;)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Who cares? If his general play makes the team play better we have more chance of winning and more chance of scoring whether he gets the goals or not.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
At least this may put paid to the theory that we weren't really trying to sign players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here