Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gifton Noel Williams - do you want him here?

Should we sign 'the gift'

• Yes, he could do a job in league 1

Votes: 93 58.1%
  • No, rather spend money elsewhere

Votes: 67 41.9%

• Total voters

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
In fact , what the hell, I would prefer McCammon to Gifltess Noel-Edmonds :censored:

Then you must be very, very stupid. :p

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Les Biehn said:
I don't think he's that great but I can't see us getting anyone better. If he came I wouldn't be to upset.

That just about sums it up... the big worry for me is his arthiritis (sp) in his knees... he was much, much better before his major injury a few year's back...

I vote "Yes"...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We might well have survived if we had got him earlier. Pulis said that he would be in the premier league, if he did not suffer from an arthritic complaint. He showed that he can slow the game down for us. Hold up the ball and can play some great touches. He would be lethal in league one, I think.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Tough one to call. He is a journeyman striker and you'd like to think we could attract better but, in reality, we probably can't at this stage.

He's better than McCammon and his record in League 1 is reasonable. We didn't think Iwelumo could do a job in the CCC but he's had a great season in League 1 with Colchester, so if that's any indication you'd probably sign GNW up.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Auditor said:
Shipperley will be availiable...is he better than GNW
Not really no, the only reason I can see why anyone wouldn't want GNW is fitness doubts, but then why would you sign Shipperly? Plus Shipperly is mid 30s, probably only got one season left him in especially at Championship level. IF we were to sign him and go up we'd need half a new team, what with Oatway, Carpenter, and Butters as well.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Auditor said:
Shipperley will be availiable...is he better than GNW

Id say so, plus he maybe more interested as it would be a return south.

GNW would be a gamble - you could get 40 games out of him or 4 with his injury history.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I bet we don't sign a better target man than Noel-Williams this summer.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Can't believe the negative opinions on GNW. We were a fundamentally flawed team without him and looked a decent side in several of his games, mainly due to the difference his presence made. I can't see any proven strikers better than GNW signing in the summer. I guess the whingers will be happy with another of Magoos one for the future? ???

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Actually, I think Shipperly is a better option... what about that Tom Brighton guy in jock-land?...

GNW would be an excellent signing, we improved instantly with him in the team, as did CKR. I'm guessing we are playing a waiting game at the moment looking at a few other players and banking on GNW's wages being able to be negotiated down to a level we can sustain.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
isnt he really good friends with CKR? it might be a good thing to hopefully keep them both,as we still dont know whos staying and whos going the teamspirt might drop. at least theyd get on with each other and might help to keep the spirit up!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Semi-fence-sitting jobby. He's got the ability, but you can see the effect the injuries have had on him, he can barely run - however, I doubt we can do better, and he's still a decent targetman with a good touch; on balance, I'd take him.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No, there must be better out there. We've wasted time and cash on lame ducks before.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Albion Dan said:
Some people on here crack me up.

I bet the people saying they dont want GNW are the same who said Chris Iwelumo was shit.

We looked a MUCH better outfit with GNW in the side than without, and at Millwall he was the best player on the pitch.

Reckon hed score for fun in Div 1, the only worry for me is his knees.

Spot on. For anyone that compares McCammon with GNW is obviously blind. He has a better first touch (by a country mile), heading ability, ablility to bring other players into the game and tactical ability that McCammon cant even dream about.

Its like comparing shagging Jo Brand and Cameron Diaz. Irelevant anyway - He will go to Plymouth and didn't want to come here in the first place (an Interview with him said he was all lined up to go to Millwall before it fell through).

Hannibal smith said:
Spot on. For anyone that compares McCammon with GNW is obviously blind. He has a better first touch (by a country mile), heading ability, ablility to bring other players into the game and tactical ability that McCammon cant even dream about.

Its like comparing shagging Jo Brand and Cameron Diaz. Irelevant anyway - He will go to Plymouth and didn't want to come here in the first place (an Interview with him said he was all lined up to go to Millwall before it fell through).

The hope here is there is a lot of uncertainty at Plymouth at the mo, will Pulis got back to Stoke?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here