Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting rid of unwanted coppers....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
2p coins issued in 82 , 83 and 84 were only available in coin sets from the Royal Mint. In perfect condition they could be worth £1 each , the 83 2p with "new pence" instead of "two pence" was issued in error in coin sets and might be worth £500 but we're talking about only 400-500 coins in total.

johnnyrocketpants

Mar 7, 2009
2p coins issued in 82 , 83 and 84 were only available in coin sets from the Royal Mint. In perfect condition they could be worth £1 each , the 83 2p with "new pence" instead of "two pence" was issued in error in coin sets and might be worth £500 but we're talking about only 400-500 coins in total.

Exactly. 400-500 of them. The buggers are out there, somewhere.
The price will only go up:clap2:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Exactly. 400-500 of them. The buggers are out there, somewhere.
The price will only go up:clap2:
They would be extremely rare when you take into consideration that the sets would have been sold mainly to collectors who would keep the set intact and not use them as small change.

johnnyrocketpants

Mar 7, 2009
Had a few coin sets in me time. Always ended up breaking them up, and spending them.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
They need to make a charge for providing the service, but when I took a bucket load over to Sainsbury in Tunbridge Wells I decided that the 8% was a bit of a rip - and got the kids to bag them up and then took them to the bank.

You can learn about the 83 coin value here in the dull world of coin collectors.

http://www.predecimal.com/newpence.php

Nothing dull about it, although I lost interest in my late teens. I didn't need to check my collection to realise this howler:

The last shilling for circulation was dated 1967

on this page Guide to British coin pre decimal denominations.

I had already started collecting in 1966 and remember that no shillings, either of English or Scottish design, were minted after this date.

I

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nothing dull about it, although I lost interest in my late teens. I didn't need to check my collection to realise this howler:

The last shilling for circulation was dated 1967

on this page Guide to British coin pre decimal denominations.

I had already started collecting in 1966 and remember that no shillings, either of English or Scottish design, were minted after this date.

I

You have, however, killed this thread stone dead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here