Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting out of Wembley

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
If i was to go back to Wembley Park after the game on saturday how long roughly should I expect to be waiting in the queue?

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I find getting an overland from wembley stadium station to marlybone then the tube from there isn't too bad either. Will be much easier once the victoria line is opened

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I've got tickets to the Croatia match, which will be my first foray to the new Wembley, I just hope they relax the Victoria line early shut down rule for that night, I guess they will ?

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I'm sure the Victoria line is ment to be finished in november, so it might be done by the time of the game.

But i've still managed to get the 11:06 from victoria after the Russia game

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
For the Israel game I left at full time, got the tube from Wembley Park and was back in Brighton in 2 hours. On Saturday I am sitting further up in the £30 seats so thinking it will take longer to get out but I plan to be back for the rugby.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I agree with Badger - driving to Wembley is a piece of piss, but park just out of the exclusion zone which will leave you a 20 min walk. The drive home should take little more than 90 mins.

At the Russia game we left the stadium at 10pm - in the car at 10.25 - and was back in Shoreham at Midnight. A friend who went by train did'nt get on the tube until 11.20pm.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Victoria line will be closed. No relaxations for evening football matches. Go to green park and is just short bus ride to victoria or a very enjoyable 5 minute walk

Unless you have the navigational skills of a blind man in a maze, and end up at Buckingham Palace:glare:

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
I went to the England v Isreal game and used to go to England games all the time before the re-development. By far the best exit is to go to Wembley Stadium (there is a queue but it move prety quickly) overground and get the train to Marleybone. There get the tube to Oxford Circus and then change down to Vicoria.

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
The queues have varied so far. If you can get out quick makes a big difference. Seems to have improved since the first game though and not had too much trouble...about half an hour but that was from lower tier behind east goal. Also in the dark (which it obviously won't be on Sat) head towards the outer wall of the upper concourse as it is easy to miss the slope down to wembley way.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Thanks for all that info: what I've gleaned is that since I'm in block G, close to Wembley Way, a dash at the final whistle should see me onto the tube in reasonable time and in Sussex with beers and curry takeaway by 8 easily.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here