Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting out of Wembley

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Going to the new Wembley for the first time tomorrow. But I really want to get back to Sussex for the rugby. Anybody know firstly how long it takes to get out of the new wembley and onto the tube - and secondly, the best route out of there - which tube line or whether it's worth going overground to Clapham?
Cheers:ascarf:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If you go by tube, make sure you DON'T go back down Wembley way - go around it. Then you should be fine, whatever tube route you go.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Going to the new Wembley for the first time tomorrow. But I really want to get back to Sussex for the rugby. Anybody know firstly how long it takes to get out of the new wembley and onto the tube - and secondly, the best route out of there - which tube line or whether it's worth going overground to Clapham?
Cheers:ascarf:

Whats happening up there tomorrow ?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I found I was surrounded by loads of moaning scousers and that anyway I went would have been packed dont expect a quick getaway althought wembly way was packed it was amazing to see the stadium from that view.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
If you go by tube, make sure you DON'T go back down Wembley way - go around it. Then you should be fine, whatever tube route you go.

agreed.....after 8 years of waiting, the ground is still as inaccessible as ever....the food is overpriced and rubbish, the ground is far far to corporate, you can't get a beer inside the ground unless you are in the magic circle, the pitch surround looks unfinished and the lift system is crap.

apart from that you will have a great day :D

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
When i went to England - Brazil in May, I left my seat at the final whistle at 2155, walked down Wembley way to Wembley Park station, onto Vic station and onto Worthing Central...and was opening my front door at 0040 - 2hrs 50 mins.. considering how tight Wembley Way was, i couldn't really complain about that

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
agreed.....after 8 years of waiting, the ground is still as inaccessible as ever....the food is overpriced and rubbish, the ground is far far to corporate, you can't get a beer inside the ground unless you are in the magic circle, the pitch surround looks unfinished and the lift system is crap.

apart from that you will have a great day :D

Most concerning line there is `can't get a beer`. Is that serious? I was looking forward to a pre match pint or four:drink:

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
I went to the Russia game and thought the journey between there from clapham was very quick. Even though we arrived just before kick off, the crowds filtered down well so that we got to our seats just after the national anthems.
Afterwards took the overland back to clapham which would've been quick and easy but one of the train routes had already finished for the day so had to make about three changes. On saturday- this should be fine. Hardly any queue's and the stadium looks excellent

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Last time I tried Wembley Central and will do the same again - you pass KFC/Burger King on the way to the ground for non-bankruptable food, its about a fifteen minute walk, bit of a bottle neck to get over the White Horse Bridge after the game but thats about it, queued for about ten minutes to get onto the tube. OK you miss the buzz of getting off at Wembley Park so its worth doing it that way once.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Wembley central was bad enough. We left 15 mins before the end of a game and still queued for well over an hour to get onto a train, it must have took us 3 hours to get back to Sussex

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Wembley central was bad enough. We left 15 mins before the end of a game and still queued for well over an hour to get onto a train, it must have took us 3 hours to get back to Sussex

is that a train or tube, was very quick after the Isreal game and we left after the final whistle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here