Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting excited now

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Just watching the Olympic Flame lighting Ceremony (yes im sad), and this means there really is not long until the Olympics is here :clap2:

Dont give a toss what all the people say about money etc..... will be a proud proud day for this country when they open the Olympics, i really cant wait for it. Greatest sporting event in our own back yard. :rave:

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I'm watching it too (yep, I know I'm sad as well), and am so looking forward to watching and going to it! :D

What event are you most looking forward to?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I'm watching it too (yep, I know I'm sad as well), and am so looking forward to watching and going to it! :D

What event are you most looking forward to?

We love Archery so very looking forward to that, interested what tickets are coming up soon as we only got tickets for Gold medal matches at the Para's not that we mind as we help disabled archers anyway, and we could see a friend taking part in the final.

Have to say seeing Forah run will be amazing, very talented runner

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I hope they've tested the Olympic flame against British drizzle, I would hate for it to get ruined by a bit of light rain.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Light rain did you see it last night, i thought it was the end of the world :eeeek:

Heavy rain is ok, it's that fine rain that soaks you right through that you need to keep an eye out for.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
We love Archery so very looking forward to that, interested what tickets are coming up soon as we only got tickets for Gold medal matches at the Para's not that we mind as we help disabled archers anyway, and we could see a friend taking part in the final.

Have to say seeing Forah run will be amazing, very talented runner

That would be fantastic to see someone you know in the final! I've got tickets to the Womens Team archery day in the Olympics so really looking forward to that.

Farah has not been quite as invincible last few races, but I'm sure he'll pick it up for the Olympics!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can't wait. Till its all f***ing over. Getting ready to laugh when it all goes to shit

Couldn't agree more.

Very very big yawn.

Synchronised swimming, BMX biking .... how VERY exciting.

Quick quick there is another Olympics thread, who's going to be the first to shoot it down, me me me me...but it's Amexee gets the gold, Kumquat the silver, goldstone the bronze. Perhaps next time goldstone will get there first in the next event... I mean thread.....

Keep a look out for those poxy Olympic thread starters guys, damn them and their misplaced optimism and excitement. I don't like other sports and by christ I'm going to let people know about it!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Quick quick there is another Olympics thread, who's going to be the first to shoot it down, me me me me...but it's Amexee gets the gold, Kumquat the silver, goldstone the bronze. Perhaps next time goldstone will get there first in the next event... I mean thread.....

Keep a look out for those poxy Olympic thread starters guys, damn them and their misplaced optimism and excitement. I don't like other sports and by christ I'm going to let people know about it!

Damn. No one ever remembers who comes second.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Used to love the Olympics, until that Mary Peter's woman retired and it all went tits up.
Only good thing about it this year is that the footie season is nearer to starting when its over.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Synchronised swimming, BMX biking .... how VERY exciting.

I actually think the BMX races are the best thing in the olympics, for me it's between that, boxing and possibly taekwondo that's worth watching.

The rest of it can go swing because it's a pile of shit. Track and field is like watching paint dry and I'd rather drown myself than sit through and afternoon of swimming :nono:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The rest of it can go swing because it's a pile of shit. Track and field is like watching paint dry and I'd rather drown myself than sit through and afternoon of swimming :nono:

Perhaps it's just the competitor in me personally, but I can just about watch any event simply to see who wins. Whether archery, diving, shooting, whatever I can get embroiled in the competition simply to see who is the best. Wouldn't watch them any other time, but in the Olympics you are genuinely watching the best people in the entire world compete for that event. I won't go out of my way to watch a lot of it, but do love it when it's on.

As for track and field excitement, got to say Kelly Holmes winning those 2 golds, Usain Bolt blitzing the 100m, Mo Farah coming from way back to win at the worlds, all very very exciting as far as I'm concerned!

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
That ceremony really brought it home how close it now is.Can't wait till it comes through Sussex. Pity its not doing a lap of the Amex!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here