Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting back from Amex

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Don't think so. If you're quick off the mark at full time, you can get on a train back to Brighton within 10 minutes. Will I have the last few games anyway

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Quicker to queue for Brighton, as Lewes queues are still pretty long. I found out going to Brighton is quicker but I go to Newhaven as it's quicker to go to my house.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
On a Saturday I leave the north terrace as the players go down the tunnel and catch the first train out and in Lewes by 17:15, if I miss the first train I always get the second ten minutes later

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Stay behind for a leisurely pint, amble down to station, wait five minutes or so, board train. No problem.

Is the right answer, I guess this guy is in a rush though as to why he is asking?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
To Brighton . . . Worst case if you clap all the players off , then slowly walk to the station is a 15/20 min wait.

If you wait 15 mins having a pint or whatever then you will more or less get straight on one

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's quicker to get to Lewes as it's the first stop, whereas the train to Brighton stops at Moulsecoomb & London Rd before it gets to Brighton.
Seriously, look on the screens in the concourse after the game as the times of trains are listed, guage the queues, and take your choice.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
To Brighton . . . Worst case if you clap all the players off , then slowly walk to the station is a 15/20 min wait.

If you wait 15 mins having a pint or whatever then you will more or less get straight on one

has been pretty much my experience since the teething problems were ironed out in the autumn. i simply don't understand why i hear so many people talking about the trains as though it's a real issue, and why so many people feel the need to leave 10-15mins early to beat the rush. i find the Amex to be very well organised in this regard - having travelled to/from both via Brighton and Falmer.

Oct 25, 2003
It's quicker to get to Lewes as it's the first stop, whereas the train to Brighton stops at Moulsecoomb & London Rd before it gets to Brighton.
Seriously, look on the screens in the concourse after the game as the times of trains are listed, guage the queues, and take your choice.

some of the trains are direct to brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here