Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Getafe - many sold?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Ha. It was all very easy. The only surprise was that the Covid/ID check was a few yards away from the turnstiles so fiddling around changing from the screenshot of the Covid pass to Google Pay, putting away my ID, getting searched and going through the turnstiles was all done very quickly. I got the impression the Covid check would be done on the stadium border (not a criticism, just an observation).

Good to know, thanks. Might be to do with the smallish crowd I suppose. The Covid thing might be further away at the league matches.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Well, no, because I am speaking for people who do like watching the Albion.

If more, invasive measures were to come in, at which point would you draw the line? Because that is all I am doing now. I don't believe in being tested or being asked to produce proof of vaccination to get into a football stadium. It's really not a controversial position to have, yet you lot act like I've killed someone's cat.

When you say ‘invasive’ are you envisaging the introduction of medical procedures carried out at the turnstiles ? Actually I would fully support that because it would be a great time saver. Also, once again; nobody minds if you don’t want to watch the Albion.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Well, no, because I am speaking for people who do like watching the Albion.

If more, invasive measures were to come in, at which point would you draw the line? Because that is all I am doing now. I don't believe in being tested or being asked to produce proof of vaccination to get into a football stadium. It's really not a controversial position to have, yet you lot act like I've killed someone's cat.

its a very controversial opinion because it is not what the majority want or chose to put up with. Think about those whose health is challenged and making the place healthier allows them to go a game.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
This is the last thing I'll say here as you keep going off on red herrings. You have unfounded moans about the way the club is trying to protect itself and its income from financial loss. It is not my fault nor anyone else's that you don't comprehend this and choose to keep moaning and groaning about the measures.

We and the club can only take our info on what the government has currently stated. We can all decide whether to believe them or not. We can also all decide whether our reaction is one long strop, or whether we try to understand things from the club's perspective or not. You have clearly chosen the former.

May I suggest that if you don't like what I am saying, that you put me on ignore?

What you're saying is fine, I've never put anyone on ignore, unlike some on here.

I know why the club are doing it, but I don't believe in the measures, mainly because they don't make sense. I also wonder why we seem to be the only club doing it (for now), it seems like the club and fans are being used as poster boys for 'the new normal'. Well, I can't stand that, you may be ok with more and more measures, it's pretty evident most of you are. What I also don't like is how there seems to be no push back from the clubs, if they just gone along with it, obviously we don't know for sure, but in the video it didn't seem that way and there was no mention of when the measures may come to an end.

I would have thought that allowing normal sized crowds with no extra measures to happen for a couple of months to see if hospitalisations do rise dramatically before tying ourselves to this system (with no end in sight of it) would've been a better idea. If we are the only club doing it, you'd expect hospitalisations to rise in other towns with big football crowds, right? That would be the best way to prove the measures are working, no?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
When you say ‘invasive’ are you envisaging the introduction of medical procedures carried out at the turnstiles ? Actually I would fully support that because it would be a great time saver. Also, once again; nobody minds if you don’t want to watch the Albion.

:mad:

I didn't say I didn't want to watch the Albion, the club my grandad supported, the club my dad supported, the club I had a season ticket for at Withdean, the club at which, up until Covid, I had only missed 2 competitive games at the Amex. I'm sure nobody would give a crap if you didn't watch the Albion either.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
What you're saying is fine, I've never put anyone on ignore, unlike some on here.

I know why the club are doing it, but I don't believe in the measures, mainly because they don't make sense. I also wonder why we seem to be the only club doing it (for now), it seems like the club and fans are being used as poster boys for 'the new normal'. Well, I can't stand that, you may be ok with more and more measures, it's pretty evident most of you are. What I also don't like is how there seems to be no push back from the clubs, if they just gone along with it, obviously we don't know for sure, but in the video it didn't seem that way and there was no mention of when the measures may come to an end.

I would have thought that allowing normal sized crowds with no extra measures to happen for a couple of months to see if hospitalisations do rise dramatically before tying ourselves to this system (with no end in sight of it) would've been a better idea. If we are the only club doing it, you'd expect hospitalisations to rise in other towns with big football crowds, right? That would be the best way to prove the measures are working, no?

Ceteris Paribus

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
its a very controversial opinion because it is not what the majority want or chose to put up with. Think about those whose health is challenged and making the place healthier allows them to go a game.

How would you know?

Yet we didn't do the same for flu.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
:mad:

I didn't say I didn't want to watch the Albion, the club my grandad supported, the club my dad supported, the club I had a season ticket for at Withdean, the club at which, up until Covid, I had only missed 2 competitive games at the Amex. I'm sure nobody would give a crap if you didn't watch the Albion either.

Indeed, you are correct. But then I’m not grandstanding on a BHA message board about not supporting the club because they have brought in new rules that they think will protect their staff and supporters. The vast majority of us just want to understand the new requirements and comply so we can go back to doing something we enjoy after an 18 month gap. We appreciate the efforts of the club to make the event safe and compliant with any new Government requirements. You, by contrast, just want to bore us all with tales of your rights being infringed. For the third time; no one is interested.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Good to know that the checks were thorough and the vast majority of supporters were well prepared so no significant hold up. It is something we will become accustomed to now so hopefully any issues with fans providing the relevant documentation ments will be ironed out in the early weeks.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Glad it seems straight forward but I wasnt quite clear from Paul Barbers video whether you show the ID with the COVID test details at the perimeter and also at the stand enrance for the staff to check that the name on your ticket matches your ID, or is this done just at the perimeter and no further ID checks are done at the gate?

Today nothing was done at the perimeter. It was all done in the turnstile area. This may change for league games. You show your covid pass with ID about 10 yards from the turnstile, then the search and then scan your ticket.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Indeed, you are correct. But then I’m not grandstanding on a BHA message board about not supporting the club because they have brought in new rules that they think will protect their staff and supporters. The vast majority of us just want to understand the new requirements and comply so we can go back to doing something we enjoy after an 18 month gap. We appreciate the efforts of the club to make the event safe and compliant with any new Government requirements. You, by contrast, just want to bore us all with tales of your rights being infringed. For the third time; no one is interested.

Well, it’s a debate about taking things away and giving back with extra rules, that’s the sort of thing bullies in abusive relationships do. Just keep going along thinking everything is fine and dandy, you obviously don’t want your view challenged.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Well, it’s a debate about taking things away and giving back with extra rules, that’s the sort of thing bullies in abusive relationships do. Just keep going along thinking everything is fine and dandy, you obviously don’t want your view challenged.

To be honest it's your loss. Most sensible people can see why the club are doing it, it makes sense during a pandemic, it really is no great hardship and close to 30,000 people in a couple of weeks will be enjoying supporting their club and enjoying the game whilst you will be sitting at home moaning about showing a pass and some ID which takes a couple of seconds. Seems a shame but if your stance is more important to you then fair enough.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Take your fishing bait elsewhere. :fishing:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Good to know that the checks were thorough and the vast majority of supporters were well prepared so no significant hold up. It is something we will become accustomed to now so hopefully any issues with fans providing the relevant documentation ments will be ironed out in the early weeks.

And don’t forget that the virus doesn’t spread on trains or in pubs.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
To be honest it's your loss. Most sensible people can see why the club are doing it, it makes sense during a pandemic, it really is no great hardship and close to 30,000 people in a couple of weeks will be enjoying supporting their club and enjoying the game whilst you will be sitting at home moaning about showing a pass and some ID which takes a couple of seconds. Seems a shame but if your stance is more important to you then fair enough.

I know why the club are doing it/have to do it, but I don’t agree with the government mandating it. That’s all really. If the government believe it is necessary, then we’d expect to see a big increase of hospitalisations in the area of the ‘unvaccinated’ stadiums. It’s seems to overcautious to me, if there was an end date to it, I think I’d feel differently. It’s not the ‘hardship’ factor for me and others, it’s the principle behind it. Hope that clears it up.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
How would you know?

Yet we didn't do the same for flu.

Judging this forum you are very much in the minority thankfully .

Covid killed 120k in a year whilst Flu kills around 12k most years.COVID is much more contagious and dangerous have you not been paying attention.

Covid 19 might not kill as many , but its still kills and apparently is MORE dangerous for pregnant women.

Maybe we should learn to treat FLU more seriously.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Judging this forum you are very much in the minority thankfully .

Covid killed 120k in a year whilst Flu kills around 12k most years.COVID is much more contagious and dangerous have you not been paying attention.

Covid 19 might not kill as many , but its still kills and apparently is MORE dangerous for pregnant women.

Maybe we should learn to treat FLU more seriously.

Yeah, on this forum.

No, don’t agree with first bit, maybe watch the video in my signature before saying stuff like that.

Yeah, maybe every time flu comes about we can all stay indoors for a few months and we can add even more debt to the £300 billion we owe.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Today nothing was done at the perimeter. It was all done in the turnstile area. This may change for league games. You show your covid pass with ID about 10 yards from the turnstile, then the search and then scan your ticket.

Thanks but still not clear at what stage they compare your ticket to your ID or are they just checking your COVID details against your ID?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here