Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get your money on Leeds!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Starry said:
We're not good enough to beat Farsley Celtic half the time, nevermind any other league team.

The only chance we want is to not drop down another league on the bounce. Give me forth from bottom in May now and I will snap your hand off.

That said, if someone offered me 4 points from the two games QPR/Watford I'd have been (and am) more than pleased.

thats where I live, "Farsley!"

Its great in leeds :(

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
just found out of one of mates who went ot the Leeds game last night, says he has never seen so many empty seats!!

Told him the Albion will fill em in Feb!!!

:lolol: :clap2: :lolol:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
PS at a guess how many do you think will come up in Feb for Leeds, (its a mid week game!!!:( )

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
I was at the game last night, went with a friend who is a leeds fan. Have to say leeds were terrible and were lucky to get a point in the end. Watford had a few good chances and should have had the game wrapped up long before the end. A few hundred watford fans, didn't make much noise. Hoping for a better turn out when we travel up there in feb!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
i HOPE SO!!

Its my home match and I cant fookin wait!!! I was GUTTED to see it was mid weeker!!! I have a lot of mates who will be at that game (coz of me being Brighton and forever winding them up),
I want them to see what we can take away and see the noise we can make!!

:clap2:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
The Northstander said:
just found out of one of mates who went ot the Leeds game last night, says he has never seen so many empty seats!!

Told him the Albion will fill em in Feb!!!

:lolol: :clap2: :lolol:

I take it he's not a Leeds fan then? Else he'd remember the days of the old Second Div and empty ground.

Do you really think you will sell out the away allocation? How many do you generally take away?

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
If it was a Saturday game, yes I think we would. Sunderland fans were shocked how many travelled and the noise we made.

Some on record as saying the last time that many travelled and made that much noise was in the prem!!

We jave a cracking away following. Im concerned though with it being mid week!!

:angry:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
How many did you take to Sunderland?

Yeah I guess it being midweek and such a trek away from Brighton, to get their and back on a 'work' night might stop some from going.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Exact figure not known, but if I remember correctly it was between 1500-2000.

*awaits to be corrected*

Away end looked full though!!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I poked my nose in the Ask the Club bit ^ up there and Insider says 1114 went.

Our away end can accomodate 3,800, though Watford brought just 695 fans last night and they just had the SE corner rather than the whole south stand.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
That would sound about right!!

Dont think we would in that case sell out your away end!

:lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting question on away support at Elland Road.

A lot of us haven't been there before.

If it was on a Saturday, I think there would be a couple of thousand minimum. We took a similar amount to Sheff Wed last season.

Mid-week, possibly 1,000 odd. We took 800 to midweek games at Forest and Derby.

I guess a lot of people will be asking themselves "Will Leeds and Brighton be in the same division next year? Do I wait another season and hope for a Saturday?"

(I think we will be in the same Div next year BTW).

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here