Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get yer finger out Murray

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not me mate. As everyone knows I am NSC's No 1 McGhee fan.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
What I can't understand is, why you chose to start this thread after a game where, 1. Murray played well and tried hard, and 2. You didn't even attend.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That is the mystery of me. I do lots of things that defy all logic. I do not understand me, what chance have you lot got ?.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not me mate. As everyone knows I am NSC's No 1 McGhee fan.

Well I know for a FACT ( because I have a good memory of this Tony Adams/ McGhee discussion) that you were very very anti the appointment in the 1st place :thud:

I fully expect you to come round in the same way to Murray. Who knows in six years you might be posting that you were his biggest fan on here :lol:

Roß

Sep 16, 2008
The games I've gone to this season (and the majority of last) Murray has been pants, scuffing easy shots, loafing about etc.

Snore.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well I know for a FACT ( because I have a good memory of this Tony Adams/ McGhee discussion) that you were very very anti the appointment in the 1st place :thud:

I fully expect you to come round in the same way to Murray. Who knows in six years you might be posting that you were his biggest fan on here :lol:

I doubt that very much.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The games I've gone to this season (and the majority of last) Murray has been pants, scuffing easy shots, loafing about etc.

Snore.

Your not allowed to say that.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would alternate the front line more. Forster warrants his place but I honestly do not think Murray has done enough to warrant being picked every game. I think a game or 2 on the bench or in the reserves may do him some good. Robinson can play upfront, Hart used to be good but has been poor recently, Dixon who knows, Virgo possibly.

So Saturday I would go wtih Forster and Robinson upfront and Murray on the bench.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm guessing Robinson is better than Murray because he "runs about a bit" and is a "trier" and "gives 100%" and all that rubbish?

Berbatov
Anelka
Le Tissier

All rubbish.

Whereas:

DIRK KUYT

Is better than all of them put together. Because he "works hard".

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
2 seasons ago when given a run up front Robinson was on 12 goals after less than half the season and was in the top goalscorers lists including 2 hat tricks in a month.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Last year when given a run upfront at Rochdale Glenn Murray scored 21 goals in 40 games.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't think so.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Murray wins just about everything in the air based on the times I've seen him, I don't think I've ever seen Robinson win a contested header.

Robinson is chickenshit in 50/50 situations

Robinson cannot defend

So assuming neither are scoring I know which one I'd rather have in the side.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
2 seasons ago when given a run up front Robinson was on 12 goals after less than half the season and was in the top goalscorers lists including 2 hat tricks in a month.

Five of his goals came against lower league opposition (4 vs Non-league). After his final goal against Stafford he did not score in the following 24 matches. 30 if you include the start of the following season, before breaking his duck against Barnet in the cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here