Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Get rid of Maupay !!

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Why are we holding such a high line at free kicks? Makes no sense - we seem to give a free header every time.

We stopped fighting in midfield in the second half - lost every second ball.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Becoming a goalless liability. I’d play Murray instead. Another turgid display in the second half.

Take that, your 33 other posts and **** off.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Last edited:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
it is getting serious if we can not win games like AV something needs to be done

their goal was coming second half. We were poor. Maupay does score goals but is having to drop deep and wide where you dont want him. Hes a 6 yard box poacher

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I don't rate him, particularly, a lot of running around and hassling but not much to show for it. I think Connolly and a new Murray are the future. good lay off for the goal but had a dozen crap passes too. Connolly was totally owned by Mings, MaupaY did at least give him a hard time.

Connolly can’t time his runs. It is patently obvious, and has been for a while, that he needed a proper season in the championship to hone his game.
Absolute **** up to go into the season with him as main man alongside A decent enough player but with no premier league experience (maupay), with only murray ( love him , but he’s too old now) as back-up.
If we go down, this is the main reason why.

Last edited:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
We need 2 extra strikers. Someone who can fill in Murray's boots and a speed merchant like what Saints have in Ings.

Maupay is our version of Robbie Keane. Not blessed with tons of pace, not a strong physical player, but someone who shows the technical skill when needed e.g. the assist and the technically difficult overhead kick.

He wants the ball, he's willing to fight and he knows where the goal is. We just need to create more space for him. The problem is we look so narrow at times he's constantly got 2 men on him as he's receiving the ball.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
There will be no ban for what happened afterward the prat followed him across the pitch like a stalker

Ref the thread it’s a joke he’s our best striker by miles

seagull1970

Apr 7, 2019
He's scored 7 goals and is our top goal scorer. If you look at his stats he's quite far ahead of the rest when you look at goals per minutes played.......

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/brighton-and-hove-albion/top-scorers

I hadn't forgotten that it's mid January and I'm not entirely sure why you felt the need to point this out if I'm being entirely honest.

Calm down darling. Just stating he’s a centre forward who doesn’t really score, and he’s gonna get himself sent off soon for his childish behaviour.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Attention seeking div lord.... ignore

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here