Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

get on game station now

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Seems a bit bizzare, I wonder if they'll honour my order?

I tried to pay with PayPal but it crashed, but it took card details no problem.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
From their terms and conditions:

'In the unlikely event that the price of an item has been incorrectly advertised on the Site, We will usually contact you to ask whether you wish to proceed with your order at the correct price. If you are not happy to proceed, or We are unable to obtain your instructions, We will cancel your order and any sum debited by Us from your debit/credit card will be refunded in full to the same card. We will not be obliged to supply products at the incorrect price.'

So no bargains to be had, unfortunately. It is a popular misconception that mislabeled items in shops (and on websites in this case) have to be sold at the price on their ticket/label.

Seems a bit bizzare, I wonder if they'll honour my order?

I tried to pay with PayPal but it crashed, but it took card details no problem.

I had the same problem with PayPal, but was able to pay with the credit card. I haven't yet had a confirmation email - I'm sure sooner rather than later I'll get one admitting the screw up and offering a full refund, but it's got to be worth a shot.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Adds a bit of excitement to the day. Will Lua Lua sighn or will Game station notice that they have offered me an X Box for £22, which I have attempted to buy. :thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Email confirmation of order just came through, not holding out too much hope though

"Please note, this order acknowledgement does not constitute confirmation of a contract. At this stage you are making an offer to purchase goods which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. Acceptance and confirmation will be completed at the time of despatch.

Thanks for shopping at Gamestation.co.uk!"

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Mine to. Free delivery too. :facepalm:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Once a non-automatic process (ie a real person) spots that their stock has gone down unusally and they review it the orders will probably get cancelled, BUT you could end up with a gift voucher.

I won't get too excited until the postman delivers it

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I done it as you have to don't you, but from experience, it wont go through. Did a similar thing on amazon at xmas, they advertised a TV for stupid money and of course we didn't get them

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Are you all just going to ignore what I posted and hope for the best? Good luck any way, if you do succeed I'll buy one off you for £50, it is only fair to spread the wealth after all :lolol: They have already changed the price to what it should be on the site though, so expect your cancellation emails shortly.

Email confirmation of order just came through, not holding out too much hope though

"Please note, this order acknowledgement does not constitute confirmation of a contract. At this stage you are making an offer to purchase goods which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. Acceptance and confirmation will be completed at the time of despatch.

Thanks for shopping at Gamestation.co.uk!"

I had to laugh when this came into the inbox. They've obviously had the same problem in the past. It doesn't say much for Gamestation's employees!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm a great believer that these price 'mistakes' are to just draw people to the site!

Tesco had one recently a Canon 60D and a £600 lens was priced at £900 or so, which is the price for just the camera! Needless to say, no one received one!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Can someone post what Pantani wrote, he's on my ignore list :jester:

Ha, not really, I was already out of the traps and had ordered mine before you posted, and no, I don't, nor did I ever, think I'll receive any Xboxes for that money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here