Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get Off Dean Wilkins Back !!!

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I can't belive how many people whinge on this site - Dean does a good job considering all the interference from Dick - people keep moaning about Deans subs etc - can i point out how many injures the squad has - we have Lynch Hinsh Reid Fraser Loft Dixon that i can rember off the top of my head - it basically boils down to the fact of if Dick had kept his nose out at Christmas i wonder where we would have been?? a lot higher in the league i would imagine :thumbsup:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I can't belive how many people whinge on this site - Dean does a good job considering all the interference from Dick - people keep moaning about Deans subs etc - can i point out how many injures the squad has - we have Lynch Hinsh Reid Fraser Loft Dixon that i can rember off the top of my head - it basically boils down to the fact of if Dick had kept his nose out at Christmas i wonder where we would have been?? a lot higher in the league i would imagine :thumbsup:

so youre saying we should be on knights back instead???

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Nope. Covered many times but Dick was involved with just one player - O'Callaghan, and personally I don't see that he was really to blame for O'Callaghan throwing his toys out of the pram. Especially given that his claims about contract issues were clearly bollocks as it since came to light that both Hammond and Savage had been offered contracts from the start of the season.

Wilkins is to blame for the poor form, but I also believe he can turn it around.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
yes - he has caused half these problems - no smoke without fire - he lies to the fans and no-one sees it BECAUSE HE SAVED THE CLUB - yes he did but hes killing the club now - can George Bas Deano The argus all be wrong? - People talk about bringing Micky Adams Back but you should never go back - we are building for the future and that is what Dean is trying to do

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
yes - he has caused half these problems - no smoke without fire - he lies to the fans and no-one sees it BECAUSE HE SAVED THE CLUB - yes he did but hes killing the club now - can George Bas Deano The argus all be wrong? - People talk about bringing Micky Adams Back but you should never go back - we are building for the future and that is what Dean is trying to do

What did he lie about? And I'd be even more interested to know what he lied about, that you also have proof to confirm that he wasn't telling the truth.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Dean Hammonds contract talks started in October - how is that the begining of the season - his first offer from Dick was lower than his current wage - how is that fair? yes Dick offerred him more but i would say it was too late Dick had taken the piss with previuos offers - With regards to George all he ever did was tell the truth - in the DVD that STH were sent before Xmas he was saying he wanted to stay at the club - this is how Dick repays him - he gets sent back to Ipswich and then shipped back to Ireland !!

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
What did he lie about? And I'd be even more interested to know what he lied about, that you also have proof to confirm that he wasn't telling the truth.

simple - about the facts of contract negotiations - he makes out it is always everyone else - he is not Saint Dick and i can't beleive he fools the fans - Just listen to how he reacts on the phone in and what you read in the paper - the way he spoke to some of the fans on that phone in was discusting - all i am saying is it cannot be everyone else wrong and dick knight always right

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Dean Hammonds contract talks started in October - how is that the begining of the season - his first offer from Dick was lower than his current wage - how is that fair? yes Dick offerred him more but i would say it was too late Dick had taken the piss with previuos offers - With regards to George all he ever did was tell the truth - in the DVD that STH were sent before Xmas he was saying he wanted to stay at the club - this is how Dick repays him - he gets sent back to Ipswich and then shipped back to Ireland !!

Yes. because he kicked up a fuss about contract issues that had been going on too long as if it was the clubs fault. Surely the egg was very much on O'Callaghan's face when it turns out that Hammond was offered a contract in October that would make him the highest paid player at the club, and rather than being the clubs fault it was Hammond's decision not to sign. Same situatiopn with Savage. And as for the STH DVD, you can't trust player/manager puff the whole time, he's not exactly going to say "I'm not really bothered about Brighton but if they are willing to pay me a huge amount I might as well stay, since the other option is to be carted back to a nothing club". Knight has been proved right about O'Callaghan in every situation, the club has moved on and so should you.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
i have but i don't like the way Dick has lied to the fans he has not been proved right about george - all he has done along with others is shit on them

Troy Savage

Sep 10, 2004
can George Bas Deano The argus all be wrong?
One thing is clear to me ... George, Bas, Deano and the Argus were all peddling the same story. But that doesn't mean that the story was true.

As for Micky Adams, he won't come back. But if he did, i'm sure he'd stop his players blabbing divisive stuff all over the local media.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
what Four people are wrong and the great Dick Knight always right - dream on!!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Sort of going rounf in circles here aren't we? Dick's been proved right about O'Callaghan because he's been sent off to Cork City of wherever, he's a decent player but there must be a reason why no English club will sign him. And you still haven't actually said what Dick has lied to the fans about. If you have evidence to show that Hammond was offered less than his previous contract then fine but it seems to me you're willing to believe a couple of rumours because they suit your intent slating of the chairman. I'm not going to believe everything DK says, but I don't think it's fair to assume that he has lied about all the contract issues just because some League 1 player with delusions of granduer thought he could get away with stirring trouble when he clearly knew nothing about the situation (ie, he said contract issues had been going on too long, yet the club had already offered generous contracts).

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
yes but dick leaves everything too late - he told us he would be strengthening the squad in January - we lost Bas George Revell Elder and Deano and gained Murray Dixon Thomson and mcfaul - how is that improving we lost 5 and gained 4

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
also with regards to the truth Dick knows the truth - he just has too admit it

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
yes but dick leaves everything too late - he told us he would be strengthening the squad in January - we lost Bas George Revell Elder and Deano and gained Murray Dixon Thomson and mcfaul - how is that improving we lost 5 and gained 4

its improving because they are deemed to be better players or in the case of mcfaul, and dixon better prospects.

what about hammond - he was proven to be a liar - he asked for a 'sign' for the clubs ambition and shortly after we signed our most expensive player for donkey's years he refuses to sign his contract and goes to colchester. also half the whingers used to harp on about how bad hammond was anyway.

savage - wanted more money than he was worth - he was a decidedly average player who had the advantage of being a big lump and occasionally doing something unexpected, but that's about all he was.

revell - got a very good price for a reasonable player, but he wasn't exactly a world beater.

so what exactly did you expect the 'liar' chairman to do differently about these players then?

there seems to be this ridiculous notion that we should be spending stupid amounts of money on players that we can't afford and keeping players who's actions have shown that they don't want to be here.

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths
If its any ones fault its the shit toon army supporters who call "out" every time we hit a bad patch. Mark McGhee? where were we in the table when he got the sack? where are we now? I feel sorry for DW he has zero experience of being a manager for any pro team and has been given one of the toughest jobs in England!. I think McGhee would of known how to hold the lead against Cheltenham better than Dean. We need to be more realistic and accept there's no chance of promotion and little chance of glamorous football while playing at the Weathsilentdean, thats why managers with experience would help a whole lot more!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

So why must Knight be in the wrong?

O'Callaghan, where to start, may I suggest you read his interview first http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?t=118578&highlight=o'callaghan.

Hammond was set on playing in the championship as soon as possible, no club can guarentee a player that they would get promoted early in the season, reguardkless of how much they spend, who the manager is, etc... can you imagine the reaction of some towards the board etc..on here had Hammond left at the end of the season for free, basically the board couldn't win here.

Bas became convinced he was better than he was, he was just an average player with a good goal celebration, but his record didn't justify his wage demands, If he was so good and worth the money, surely one of the other league in England, Scotland or even Ireland would have snapped him up, yet he is still without a club, which speaks volumes

In my opinion, this actually shows Knight got it right about these players, I think he and the rest of the board has been fully justified in their decisions, and for the benefit of the club, surely it is far better to have players who want to be here and play for the club (as the current players do), rather than going through the motions hoping for better, GET OFF HIS BACK!!!

The Argus is simple to explain, they try to create stories that SELL newspapers, often they have headlines that are completely misleading when you actually read the whole story, or make a very small thing into a major event, hardly rocket science to work out that they if they exaggerate and twist things, it means that they sell more copies, (making themselves more money).

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
simple - about the facts of contract negotiations - he makes out it is always everyone else - he is not Saint Dick and i can't beleive he fools the fans - Just listen to how he reacts on the phone in and what you read in the paper - the way he spoke to some of the fans on that phone in was discusting - all i am saying is it cannot be everyone else wrong and dick knight always right

You have called him a liar and provided no evidence whatsoever. It seems to me that eveidence is not important to you - you want him to be a liar so he is one.

And why should he lie? He is the chairman of the club and, with the backing of the board, he is entitled to do what he likes with his company and that includes contracts with employees. He has absolutely nothing to gain by lying. Some fans might not agree with some of his decisions but that's football. Just look at the player ratings sometimes - the same player can get widely different marks for the same game.

I am disappointed that Hammond left but see that as something hat happens all the time on football. No way should a club be held to ransom by a player. If here is a limit on what the club is prepared to pay and it's not enough, so be it.

I was pleased that both Bas and O'Callaghan went. O'C was a decent player with a poor attitude, whilst Bas had very little talent and is no loss whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here