Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get In There!!!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
:yahoo:

Deano ses the light...lookout for attacking midfilder Loftie to do what he should have been allowed to do this year... take the division by storm!!!!! :)

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I can only assume that he shows something in training that he forgets to pack on match days.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I think he's worth another year. Works hard and seems to be developing a knack of scoring from midfield. Decent squad player with a good attitude.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its easy to say that others 'deserved a contract more'. Would those others realistically have accepted whatever has been offered to Loft.

Hint; Its probably not very much!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
He's young and looked stronger, only the coaching staff know how is progressing in terms of training etc. but I am sure he has worked hard and his wages are likely to be failry low in comparison to some that have left and many that are still there.

To compare Mayo, Hart and Butters to him is a strange one.

No real comparison to what they have been and what they are now.

Maybe some of the yougsters are being pushed forward a year or two sooner than even Wilkins would like, but we started Saturday with 5 local youngsters and they did well against arguably the best team in the division and I thought looked comfortable.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What the f*** did Loft do on Saturday? to impress Wendy that much. He was non-existent, he never tackled, and everytime he got the ball he always seemed to go backwards. Why oh why have we offered him a new deal?!

It's not just about Saturday though is it.

It's about training (which we don't see), reserve games (where by all accounts he impresses), and away games (this being key - he's performed well at places like Doncaster, Yeovil and QPR, but generally been poor at Withdean so far).

He's young, fit, cheap - worth another year at least.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
What the f*** did Loft do on Saturday? to impress Wendy that much. He was non-existent, he never tackled, and everytime he got the ball he always seemed to go backwards. Why oh why have we offered him a new deal?!

But Saturday wasnt a trial game and I thought he did ok.

The decision is based on his work he has done throughout the year.

We have offered a year, not a guaranteed position in the team every Saturday !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here