Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get behind Kaz...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
An unashamedly biased post, so balls if you don't like it!

...unlikely as it may seem, we are still not down yet. Until we are down, I can't see the point in slagging off players when we really need to be getting behind them and giving them all the support we can.

On saturday a few were saying that there's no passion or effort.. that's simply bollocks.

Whilst we've still got a dying cat's chance of staying up, we should be getting right behind the lads, not slagging them off. The dog's abuse that some of the players got after saturday was not f*cking on. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but feck me the level of ignorance and intelligence levels really plumb the depths on here sometimes.

Henderson, GNW and Kaz all came in for ridiculous stick after the last game. It's so stupid.. Kaz in particular had a really good game, the obvious aside, and the comments he's had to put up with since are staggering. FFS he's only 19, with barely 50 starts in his entire career.. what do people expect?
What does the slagging off do for his confidence?
He was glorious at Millwall, and had a good game at saturday... everyone forgets the 10 assists he provided over those 2 games that we missed?.. that's 5 more assists than from other players put together.

Or to put it one other way... other than the Palace away game, how many other bright sparks has this season had other than those provided by Kaz...

Last edited:

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
good points. The arguments about whether he was the right signging at the time etc aside; CKR has been significantly better (very good) since GNR arrived. He needs to work on his anticipation of runs and through balls, and i wish he would get up and get on with the game when he is felled more. Other than that, CKR is a good prospect. I, for one, am 100% behind him when he is on the pitch and think that with a bit of fine tuning he will be a fantastic asset.

Keep it going Colin,

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Fatboy Quim said:
good points. The arguments about whether he was the right signging at the time etc aside; CKR has been significantly better (very good) since GNR arrived. He needs to work on his anticipation of runs and through balls, and i wish he would get up and get on with the game when he is felled more. Other than that, CKR is a good prospect. I, for one, am 100% behind him when he is on the pitch and think that with a bit of fine tuning he will be a fantastic asset.

Keep it going Colin,
Quite right, but a little beyond the wit of many on here.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Fatboy Quim said:

Keep it going Colin,

He has been looking better in the last few games, but the worry with him is although he has natural talent, the weak parts of his game do not seem to have improved all that much.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
He has been looking better in the last few games, but the worry with him is although he has natural talent, the weak parts of his game do not seem to have improved all that much.

I wish too that he would GET IN THE f***ing BOX!

sorry, like i said i'm 100% behind him. That just needed to be said

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I am not sure this thread is really any different to others. Everyone acknowledges CKR's undoubted talent but even on this supportive thread folk are still mentioning perceived weaknesses in his game.

Perhaps we should just all shut up and leave it to the coaches and his Dad:)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Unfortunately it's not as simple as just 'getting into the box' as the service this season from our midfield has been beyond woeful...

... as Mr McCammon will testify!

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Jam The Man said:
Unfortunately it's not as simple as just 'getting into the box' as the service this season from our midfield has been beyond woeful...

... as Mr McCammon will testify!

So true, we seemed so reluctant to put any crosses in on saturday. We never seem to take a chance from deep areas by putting decent balls into the box for the strikers instead we fcuk about with it and carole ends up dancing around the ball and it gets us nowhere, does my nut :angry:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
sir danny cullip said:
So true, we seemed so reluctant to put any crosses in on saturday. We never seem to take a chance from deep areas by putting decent balls into the box for the strikers instead we fcuk about with it and carole ends up dancing around the ball and it gets us nowhere, does my nut :angry:

LOL.. reminds me of Mark Gall... the bloke always held on to the ball too long!

Clapham Old Mug

Aug 6, 2004
Clapham
Why's Jason Dodd been banished to the boot shed again? Once he'd worked out the difference between the pitch and the upper tier of the stand, he looked like he could kick the ball in a straight line at Loftus Road - but hasn't been seen since...? And why've we stopped shooting from outside the penalty area. Worked well against Hull, at the MadStad and, almost, at Carrow Road.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Have not read what has been put but would like to say that as an Albion player CKR gets my full support as do all players when they are wearing the stripes. Even when we are playing like a pile of
poop2.gif
I am still 100% behind the team. Brighton will always have their ups and downs but that is what makes supporting them special IMHO.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
CKR may still have some weaknesses in his game but I've no doubt that he has more talent in one leg than most of our other players have in both so we should all support him rather than stick the knife in everytime he's less than perfect. Would we really be a better team at the moment without him? Anyone who thinks so needs their head tested.

:nono:

Last edited:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If CKR has (or creates) as many chances this Saturday as last Saturday I can't believe we won't score at least 1. At this stage of the season that should be good enough for the points.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I couldn't agree more, JTM. I think the problem with CK-R is that he's been thrust into a tough, miserable relegation battle - compare his performances where we have been doing well - the time he came on away at Palace and frightened the life out of some of the Palace defenders and against Millwall last week. As we all know, you don't get as many chances in this division and if you fluff them, you probably won't get any more as proved on Saturday. To slag off a young lad like that is hardly going to do his confidence any good, is it? I'm just a (rather crap) civil servant, but if I get what I consider is unjustified criticism (i.e. being shouted at rather than a quiet word of constructive criticism) I tend to think, "well, stuff you" and mess around for the rest of the day on NSC or something else rather than my work. Shouting, "you're s***, CK-R, is hardly going to make him think well of BHA fans and want to do his best for us, is it? I think we should be glad for what he has achieved, especially the cracker he scored at Cardiff. As Yorke has pointed out, without the points he has salvaged for us, we would be long down already.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
West Hoathly Seagull said:
I couldn't agree more, JTM. I think the problem with CK-R is that he's been thrust into a tough, miserable relegation battle - compare his performances where we have been doing well - the time he came on away at Palace and frightened the life out of some of the Palace defenders and against Millwall last week. As we all know, you don't get as many chances in this division and if you fluff them, you probably won't get any more as proved on Saturday. To slag off a young lad like that is hardly going to do his confidence any good, is it? I'm just a (rather crap) civil servant, but if I get what I consider is unjustified criticism (i.e. being shouted at rather than a quiet word of constructive criticism) I tend to think, "well, stuff you" and mess around for the rest of the day on NSC or something else rather than my work. Shouting, "you're s***, CK-R, is hardly going to make him think well of BHA fans and want to do his best for us, is it? I think we should be glad for what he has achieved, especially the cracker he scored at Cardiff. As Yorke has pointed out, without the points he has salvaged for us, we would be long down already.

Well said mate!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Jam The Man said:

On saturday a few were saying that there's no passion or effort.. that's simply bollocks.

Whilst we've still got a dying cat's chance of staying up, we should be getting right behind the lads, not slagging them off. The dog's abuse that some of the players got after saturday was not f*cking on. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but feck me the level of ignorance and intelligence levels really plumb the depths on here sometimes.

Henderson, GNW and Kaz all came in for ridiculous stick after the last game. It's so stupid.. Kaz in particular had a really good game, the obvious aside, and the comments he's had to put up with since are staggering.
I agree that it is very harsh on Henderson, and GNW who admits he's way off 100% fitness.

I disagree on the point of CKR though. From where I was sitting he seem uninterested at times, to the extent of not being in position, aware the game had restarted at least twice in the second half. To me, it looked like he was in a huff and couldn't be bothered. I can live with the fact he missed a sitter, he's a young striker, he's going to miss a lot of sitters in his time. Although i care he missed, I don't hold it against him for one second. Any 19 year old will miss chances, its all part of learning. Thats not what bothers me about CKR.
What I cannot forgive is lack interest. As I've said in another thread, when he started dragging the ball back, show-boating on the right wing in the second half against Soton, I don't know if I was more embarrased or annoyed. When you do that 2-0 down, about to be relagated, you look an obsolute twat.
Even in his interviews, he seems to be fair to 'Leon Knightish' in his cocky 'Im the man' attitude. AS its been pointed out he's 19, and he's done nothing in the game yet. It'll be bad enough if Ryan Giggs, or Terry Henry :)glare: ) showed that attitude, but at least they proved them seleves.
I think the likes of CKR has undoubted talent, but will go the way of so many others, if they believe they are the greatest thing since Pele.
Personally if I were Mark McGhee I would ban the younger cocker players from interviews, and let them do there talking on the pitch. As for CKR, he wouldn't play again this season if I were in charge, but then he wouldn't strut around like he does if I were in charge.
I think he could be a major part of the future of the Albion, but he needs bringing down a peg or two by the management, or we'll end up with another Leon Knight on our hands. If he's handled correctly we could have another Bobby Z on our hands.

Last edited:

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
Re: Re: Get behind Kaz...

Mr Burns said:
I agree that it is very harsh on Henderson, and GNW who admits he's way off 100% fitness.

I disagree on the point of CKR though. From where I was sitting he seem uninterested at times, to the extent of not being in position, aware the game had restarted at least twice in the second half. To me, it looked like he was in a huff and couldn't be bothered. I can live with the fact he missed a sitter, he's a young striker, he's going to miss a lot of sitters in his time. Although i care he missed, I don't hold it against him for one second. Any 19 year old will miss chances, its all part of learning. Thats not what bothers me about CKR.
What I cannot forgive is lack interest. As I've said in another thread, when he started dragging the ball back, show-boating on the right wing in the second half against Soton, I don't know if I was more embarrased or annoyed. When you do that 2-0 down, about to be relagated, you look an obsolute twat.
Even in his interviews, he seems to be fair to 'Leon Knightish' in his cocky 'Im the man' attitude. AS its been pointed out he's 19, and he's done nothing in the game yet. It'll be bad enough if Ryan Giggs, or Terry Henry :)glare: ) showed that attitude, but at least they proved them seleves.
I think the likes of CKR has undoubted talent, but will go the way of so many others, if they believe they are the greatest thing since Pele.
Personally if I were Mark McGhee I would ban the younger cocker players from interviews, and let them do there talking on the pitch. As for CKR, he wouldn't play again this season if I were in charge, but then he wouldn't strut around like he does if I were in charge.
I think he could be a major part of the future of the Albion, but he needs bringing down a peg or two by the management, or we'll end up with another Leon Knight on our hands. If he's handled correctly we could have another Bobby Z on our hands.

As I said on another thread, I've been out of the country since October so can't comment on CKR's general play but watching Seagulls World I think CKR comes across really well in interviews and I certainly don't see any 'attitude' in him.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Gaffer said:
Perhaps we should just all shut up and leave it to the coaches and his Dad:)

That would be nice.

And is probably all CKR ever wanted.

Sadly a vocal minority think that shouting savage and scathing criticism at him non-stop is the best way to develop and motivate both him and the Albion.

The phrase f***ing MORONS comes to mind.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
West Hoathly Seagull said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
What a top post sir, I tip my hat in your direction

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here