Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get a Dell colour printer for £9.99 inc delivery - NOW!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I can't resist a bargain.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Apparently the two suppied cartridges aren't full capacity.

But it's a re-branded Lexmark so I'm sure we won't have trouble finding cheap replacement cartridges.

And it's only a tenner.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
why not go and buy a second hand laser printer? I bought one last year for £50, had 1 spare toner , printing quality is much better than inkjet. get 5000+ sheets per toner.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Is it a case of you get what you pay for,is is this different?.;)

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Wozza said:
Apparently the two suppied cartridges aren't full capacity.

But it's a re-branded Lexmark so I'm sure we won't have trouble finding cheap replacement cartridges.

And it's only a tenner.

The slip in your argument wozza is that its a lexmark, lexmark do not do cheap carts and no-one does cheap carts for them.

The printer is a bargain as it comes with the usb cable and some ink in the carts.

But under no cercs should anyone consider replacing the carts for them as there are printers out there that cost less than one lexmark cart (even the normal price for this printer)

Last edited:

timco said:
The slip in your argument wozza is that its a lexmark, lexmark do not do cheap carts and no-one does cheap carts for them.

The printer is a bargain as it comes with the usb cable and some ink in the carts.

But under no cercs should anyone consider replacing the carts for them as their are printers out there that cost less than one leexmark cart (even the normal price for this printer)

Ideal World TV have some company on that sell their own brand cartridges for Lexmarks - about half the price if I remember rightly - something like £25 for 1 black and 1 colour.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
The Great Cornholio said:
Ideal World TV have some company on that sell their own brand cartridges for Lexmarks - about half the price if I remember rightly - something like £25 for 1 black and 1 colour.

and I pay about £4 (that's colour and black for about £8) for a compat for an Epson photo quality printer. No contest really is it.

Lexmark sell printers cheap so they can make more out of the carts.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
From another Forum I frequent:

Dell printer for £10. Are you happy????

Just received my printer which i ordeered last week for £9.99. Very disappointed to see that the cartridges included with this priter are tiny(labelled as trial pack) very disappointed as I only bought this printer for the ink purpose, so I dont have to buy cartridges for few months but I think Dell are clever than us. they wanted us to buy more of their own cartridges. when ordered It did not say that the cartridges included are only trial pack. Do you think it is worth complaining to their customer services to this rip off

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Bozza said:

Just received my printer which i ordeered last week for £9.99. Very disappointed to see that the cartridges included with this priter are tiny(labelled as trial pack) very disappointed as I only bought this printer for the ink purpose, so I dont have to buy cartridges for few months but I think Dell are clever than us. they wanted us to buy more of their own cartridges. when ordered It did not say that the cartridges included are only trial pack. Do you think it is worth complaining to their customer services to this rip off

I think that was misleading too. If anyone isn't happy, send it back.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Bozza said:

Its the same with most if not all printers these days Bozza, like many other things the money is not made in selling the product, which is often done at a loss, but in the continued maintenance of the item. In this case ink carts, its the reason I never bought one and everyone knows if its cheap I buy in bulk (Like the twin set DECT phones from Argos for less than £14 a pair) bought 6 of those so far but don't own a single one as all of them have been sold on.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
timco said:
Its the same with most if not all printers these days Bozza, like many other things the money is not made in selling the product, which is often done at a loss, but in the continued maintenance of the item. In this case ink carts, its the reason I never bought one and everyone knows if its cheap I buy in bulk (Like the twin set DECT phones from Argos for less than £14 a pair) bought 6 of those so far but don't own a single one as all of them have been sold on.

Thanks for the lesson Tim. I am fully aware which is why I didn't buy one, but was passing on someone else's comments...

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Bozza said:
Thanks for the lesson Tim. I am fully aware which is why I didn't buy one, but was passing on someone else's comments...

And some put "From another Forum I frequent:" to cover their own embarrassment, bit like "a friend of mine" when they mean them.

So I tend too ignore those bits.

Sorry if this cause any offence boz.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you get a printer for £9.99, which costs about twice that to manufacture, purely on the basis that you think your getting a bargin. Everyone knows they make the money on the ink, but complain when it arrives that there isnt much ink in the cartridge. SAKE.

"I think Dell are clever than us". Give the man a prize. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here