Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get a Dell colour printer for £9.99 inc delivery - NOW!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The catch is that they can afford to give the printers away (like mobiles)... because of the cost of the cartridges.

After two cartridges they've covered the cost of the printer.

Some manufacturers tried to ban companies offering refills.

This went all the way the European caught, which has now decided that the printer manufacturers were breaking law by producing a product (the cartridge) that deliberately cannot be recycled.

It will be a few years until we see the benefits of that decision.

Inkjet printers are a huge rip off, the profit margins on consumables are unbelievable.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Technology exists in some of the cartridges which stops it printing after a certain number of pages - irrespective of the ink left.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Yes, I know all that.

It's £10. Delivered to your door.

When the two supplied cartridges run out, YOU CAN THROW THE f***ing PRINTER AWAY.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
my girlfriend will take advantage of that cheers wozza.

whens the new ProEvo4 out?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just checked out Dells site

£75 for one colour cartridge, one black and a few sheets of paper !

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Wozza said:
Yes, I know all that.

It's £10. Delivered to your door.

When the two supplied cartridges run out, YOU CAN THROW THE f***ing PRINTER AWAY.

Sorry not replying to you - just stating a few points about what a f***ing rip off they are.

I'm gonna order one too - TA !

( What a state of affairs when its CHEAPER to throw it away )

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
clapham_gull said:
Sorry not replying to you - just stating a few points about what a f***ing rip off they are.

I'm gonna order one too - TA !

( What a state of affairs when its CHEAPER to throw it away )

Let's not get too caught up in worrying about the cost to the environment when we're taking non-biodegradeable waste to the local dump, eh? :nono:

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
Would it be stupid to buy about 100 and having your printing worries sorted for 10 years?

Last edited:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Cheers I've ordered one :clap2:

Only slight worry is that some printers come with just a sample ink cartridge which is only part-full and doesn't last long - lets hope these are proper cartridges in which case this truly is a bargain

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Mines ordered, bargain if you ask me, I'll probably give it to my old man fo rhis birthday he'll be chuffed and it only cost me a tenner, sweet

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
David M said:
Would it be stupid to buy about 100 and having your printing worries sorted for 10 years?

might not be a good idea, one company (epson?) have chips in the cartridges so that they expire on a certain date.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
David M said:

You'd have to find a lot of addresses to get them sent to, as it's one per unique address.

Other than that, not a bad idea!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Great spot Wozza, just ordered one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here