Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get 16% in your exams and get a C grade?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Yeah but you copied biscuits coursework :lol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
In my school you could get an A just by kissing the man teachers in the special place.

Does this rule still apply?

adrian29uk said:
Just heard on the news that some exams papers allowed students to get a c grade at 16% what a joke.

When I was at school 15 years ago a C grade was good grade to get it meant that you had tried but if they are just dishing out C grades like this no wonder everyone is doing so well.

What a joke.

Welcome to the politically correct Labour government. No one is allowed to fail.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i think the oldies are just jealous. its not easy work at all.

in many subjects however coursework is obviously vital, and a great mark in that can make the exams themselves pretty unnoticeable in the overall mark.

in my opinion its actually very hurtful, not for me as i didnt try!, but for people who worked so hard to achieve their goals, and then to hear idiots say how easy the exams are.

i know people who stayed in instead of dossing about like myself and many others in the evenings so they could help achieve these grades and when people just dismiss this effort its very dissapointing.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Get 16% in your exams and get a C grade?

Oceanic said:
Welcome to the politically correct Labour government. No one is allowed to fail.

You mean deferred success?

When I was at school the top 20% went to grammar school.
The top 5% were allowed to stay on to 6th form and take A levels and 2% went to university.

Now everyone seems to go.
Jobs that required 5 O levels now require a degree.

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
i think the oldies are just jealous. its not easy work at all.

in many subjects however coursework is obviously vital, and a great mark in that can make the exams themselves pretty unnoticeable in the overall mark.

in my opinion its actually very hurtful, not for me as i didnt try!, but for people who worked so hard to achieve their goals, and then to hear idiots say how easy the exams are.

i know people who stayed in instead of dossing about like myself and many others in the evenings so they could help achieve these grades and when people just dismiss this effort its very dissapointing.

Totally agree. And unusually sensible for you :p

in my opinion its actually very hurtful, not for me as i didnt try!

Just like the local dope smoker who couldn't be arsed and was out every evening doing drugs and got 60% and got an 'A' and then there's the lad who studied every night and was dedicated and got 100%.

How does that work out? they'll both could be going for the same job and Mr dopey could get it and the brightest ‘A’ level student miss out. That's why 'A' level’s are becoming meaningless.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Oceanic said:

How does that work out? they'll both could be going for the same job and Mr dopey could get it and the brightest ‘A’ level student miss out. That's why 'A' level’s are becoming meaningless.

how would 'mr dopey' beat 'mr clever' to the job?

1.he wouldnt succeed at uni such as mr clever will
2.they would never go for the same job
3.i wouldnt employ him if i could smell the drugs, but the clever guys intelligence would clearly come across in an interview.

you, my freind, are a GOON. clearly jumping on to the latest news stroy and agreeing just to make yourself heard.

you have no idea.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

1.he wouldnt succeed at uni such as mr clever will
3.i wouldnt employ him if i could smell the drugs, but the clever guys intelligence would clearly come across in an interview.

you, my freind, are a GOON. clearly jumping on to the latest news stroy and agreeing just to make yourself heard.

you have no idea.

Within 3 years of taking A levels their results are meaningless to employers as are degrees levels.

My daughter is a chartered tax accountant who got a 2:2 and gets more money than my son in law who got a 1st class degree in economics and is also a chartered accountant.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
butters(___!___)buttocks said:

As for Maggie. I'd have her back any time !!!

:blush:

If you've got room for her at PJ Towers Mr J then I'll arrange a collection to buy her a one-way ticket.:p

1.he wouldn’t succeed at uni such as mr clever will

1, why wouldn't he succeed at Uni? As long as you meet the pass rate then he'll pass.

2, Why wouldn't they go for the same job? You telepathic. A degree is a degree, 98% of employees would just say 'Degree' that's fine.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
so if degrees and a levels are pointless what determines being employed?

nice smile?

More often than not whether the interviewer thinks they can work with you.
Compatablity

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The example I gave you of my daughter - the interviewer was from Yorkshire - my daughter was born in Yorkshire even though they both work at Gatwick and they both like football (the boss is a Leeds fan and my daughter a Sheff Wed fan)

This is despite her being a Bsc Hons (Mathematical Physics)and ACA ITII (and 5 grade A A levels)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
so i need to go for a job(that i might not even want) in brighton, hope the manager is a football fan and hope that i get on with him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here