Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gervais - Fame

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
I was disappointed with the show at the Adelphi, but then I paid less than £15 because it was only a warm up gig and was for charity, so it wasn't too bad for the money.

I have seen Jimmy Carr, Ross Noble & Bill Bailey live and a host of others do stand up at various places like the Komedia. Gervais was not a patch on any of those, but then they have been doing stand up all of their career wheras before Animal Gervais hadn't done any.

The most dissapointing part was when there was a heckle in the audiance and he said that he should think of a put down but instead was just going to ignore it.

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
I agree - the heckling ("do the dance" & "you've already had a sex change") needed a comeback other than him looking upset.

Jimmy Carr was in the audience at the Adelphi, and the warm up guy (forget his name now) used him quite well.

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
Frutos said:
I still maintain that his comedy is not half as clever as he seems to think it is.

I guess it's all about perspective, but I find Ronnie Barker's work to be much funnier, not to mention far more cleverly written, particularly in terms of his ability to manipulate the English language, than anything Gervais and/or Merchant could manage in a month of Sundays.

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd also say that people will remember and appreciate the likes of Ronnie Barker long after Gervais' fame has fizzled out.

Totally agree. Gervais is crap. But if we all liked the same stuff imagine how boring the world would be! Peoples different tastes in life make it more interesting.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Isn't it odd that the number of people you hear talking about
Little Britain on the train.....and d'y know the thing that unites
them all....

Their sense of humour is that of a five-year old.

and a very unfunny five-year old at that.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Funniest comedian I have seen was Ed Byrne, bloody hilarious, some pretty risque jokes too...considering the setting for the gig.

As for Gervais, would rather not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here